The Glazers come under fire after new Man United financials are released [Tweets]
- February 12, 2014
The latest financial reports from Manchester United have revealed that the Glazers are making a shedload of cash out of the Red Devils.
While David Moyes’ team struggle to reach next season’s Champions League, currently stuck in 7th place in the Premier League, off the field Manchester United are still doing well.
Commercial income at Old Trafford is up 18.8% after six new sponsors have agreed deals with the club, while on the downside the final three months of 2013 saw £6 million go out of the club to pay interest on the loans which the Glazers took out on the club to buy it back in 2005.
With the latest figures showing the extent the Glazers debt is having on the club, many United fans have reacted in uproar to the new revelations.
Below are a series of tweets gunning for the American owners of Manchester United.
United spent £700m repaying debt since the Glazers came in. Kinda makes Arsenal's moaning over Stadium debt look like pocket money
— redstuff (@_RedStuff) February 12, 2014
Manchester United now spent £686m on debt, interest etc since Glazer's takeover in 2005. Huge money, dwarfs their spending on players #mufc
— David Conn (@david_conn) February 12, 2014
Complaining about Moyes whilst ignoring the Glazers is like complaining the orchestra are out of tune whilst the Titanic sinks.
— Nooruddean (@BeardedGenius) February 12, 2014
Glazers have spent £696m on interest fees, bank charges & debt repayment, but only £382 on players. And some reds still say they aren't bad!
— Scott (@R_o_M) February 11, 2014
On 5 Live @KieranMaguire estimates Glazers using £500,000 a week from MUFC to service debt on the club. Think what it could be spent on …
— Sam Wallace (@SamWallaceIndy) February 12, 2014
Woodward admits major investment in squad required as he guides that player spending will be higher "than we have seen historically "
— Paul Kelso (@pkelso) February 12, 2014
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Man United on alert as Sergio Ramos is determined to quit Real Madrid [Marca]
- Real Madrid offer defender Sergio Ramos a new contract worth €7.5million a season [Cade...
- Standoff between Man Untied and Real Madrid over Sergio Ramos-David De Gea transfer [Ma...
- Man United winger Nani set for medical at Fenerbahce on Sunday [Fenerbahce En]
- Man United’s £20m bid for Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin has been reject...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi