Gladbach keeper Marc-André ter Stegen scored his second identical career harrowing own goal on Saturday
At what point are Barcelona going to rethink their interest in Borussia Monchengladbach keeper Marc-André ter Stegen?
According to widespread reports, ter Stegen, the 21-year-old German international keeper is set to leave the Bundesliga to join the Catalan giants this summer, however with the deal yet to be completed the goalie badly shot himself in the foot on Saturday.
Gladbach drew 1-1 away at rock bottom Eintracht Braunschweig, and the young goalie cost his team the win with a shocking own goal.
As a Gladbach defender laid the ball back to his goalie in the 52nd minute, a combination of the ball hitting a sleight bump on the turf and the keeper loses a fraction of concentration ended up with the ball running past the keeper’s boot as trickling into the net.
Incredibly this is the second time ter Stegen has conceded such an embarrassing goal as the keeper let in a replica og for Germany against the United States back in June 2103.
See Marc-André ter Stegen own goal against Eintracht Braunschweig below, together with his howler against Team America from last year.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- The story behind Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Looks like Neymar is back together with ex girlfriend Bruna MarquezineSeptember 26, 2016
- Barcelona legend Andoni Zubizarreta loses a La Liga goalie record to Valencia’s Diego AlvesSeptember 25, 2016
- Lionel Messi thanks Borussia Monchengladbach for get well message on FacebookSeptember 23, 2016
- Borussia Monchengladbach’s Twitter account keeps spelling RB Leipzig’s name wrongSeptember 20, 2016
- Details on Chelsea’s soon-to-expire buyback option for Thorgan Hazard [Bild]September 19, 2016
- Liverpool line up a significant £25m January signing [Express]September 18, 2016