- Gabriel gives his first interview since becoming an Arsenal player [Video]
- Francesco Totti takes the piss out of Cristiano Ronaldo’s roar!
- EXCLUSIVE Offer: Back Tottenham to reach the Capital One Cup final at 2/1!!!
- The wealthiest football clubs on the planet and how they make their money [Graphic]
- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
Gladbach keeper Marc-André ter Stegen scored his second identical career harrowing own goal on Saturday
At what point are Barcelona going to rethink their interest in Borussia Monchengladbach keeper Marc-André ter Stegen?
According to widespread reports, ter Stegen, the 21-year-old German international keeper is set to leave the Bundesliga to join the Catalan giants this summer, however with the deal yet to be completed the goalie badly shot himself in the foot on Saturday.
Gladbach drew 1-1 away at rock bottom Eintracht Braunschweig, and the young goalie cost his team the win with a shocking own goal.
As a Gladbach defender laid the ball back to his goalie in the 52nd minute, a combination of the ball hitting a sleight bump on the turf and the keeper loses a fraction of concentration ended up with the ball running past the keeper’s boot as trickling into the net.
Incredibly this is the second time ter Stegen has conceded such an embarrassing goal as the keeper let in a replica og for Germany against the United States back in June 2103.
See Marc-André ter Stegen own goal against Eintracht Braunschweig below, together with his howler against Team America from last year.
- Updated: March 1, 2014