Give it up Jack! Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere argues with Kevin Pietersen on Twitter regarding nationality
Arsenal’s midfielder Jack Wilshere has been all over the news in recent days.
First, he was photographed smoking a cigarette and then he spoke out on the Adnan Januzaj debate regarding his nationality.
Wilshere controversially said “The only people who should play for England are English people. If you live in England for five years it doesn’t make you English”.
This has sparked some controversy, with some of England’s most successful sportsman being born abroad.
Born in South Africa, star England cricketer Kevin Pietersen has weighed into the debate tweeting Jack Wilshere, asking the 21 year old Arsenal player to explain his comments.
Wilshere didn’t come up with a brilliant response, defending himself by claiming he was only speaking about football.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal pay tribute to manager Arsene Wenger’s 20 years at club so far (Video)October 1, 2016
- Arsene Wenger explains how The Invincibles happened with 2 Arsenal legends & William Gallas (Video)October 1, 2016
- Arsenal boss rules Olivier Giroud out of Burnley game, positive news for Coquelin (Video)September 30, 2016
- Arsenal should start searching for a new manager as Arsene Wenger opens the door for EnglandSeptember 30, 2016
- Wilshere on his way out? Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s reported new shirt number [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- Jack Wilshere badly struggles on full Bournemouth debut v Manchester City [Tweets]September 17, 2016
- Arsene Wenger calls Jack Wilshere ‘world class’ and states his hopes for the midfielder (Video)September 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger didn’t want Jack Wilshere to join Bournemouth [Sun]September 4, 2016