Give it up Jack! Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere argues with Kevin Pietersen on Twitter regarding nationality
- October 9, 2013
Arsenal’s midfielder Jack Wilshere has been all over the news in recent days.
First, he was photographed smoking a cigarette and then he spoke out on the Adnan Januzaj debate regarding his nationality.
Wilshere controversially said “The only people who should play for England are English people. If you live in England for five years it doesn’t make you English”.
This has sparked some controversy, with some of England’s most successful sportsman being born abroad.
Born in South Africa, star England cricketer Kevin Pietersen has weighed into the debate tweeting Jack Wilshere, asking the 21 year old Arsenal player to explain his comments.
Wilshere didn’t come up with a brilliant response, defending himself by claiming he was only speaking about football.
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright trolled ex Spurs owner at Piers Morgan’s birthday party...
- Arsenal & Man United linked to Karim Benzema as Cristiano Ronaldo is set to play t...
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi