- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Giroud scores, Benzema penalty saved: Best Tweets as France lead Switzerland 3-0 at the break
France looking lively! 3-zip!
— Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5) June 20, 2014
France against Switzerland, where do we begin?!
This game has been played at a furious pace and despite it only being half-time, a ton has happened in 45 minutes!
France took the lead and doubled it in the space of a minute; Giroud, having injured Von Bergen, scoring a header, before Matuidi bagged a near-post effort with the Swiss sleeping.
France also missed a penalty! Benzema with a poor attempt but Cabaye’s follow-up will live longer in the memory!
France still scored a third, with Valbuena surely sealing victory in what has been a very impressive performance.
France just scored a Real Madrid goal!
— Phil Kitromilides (@PhilKitro) June 20, 2014
— Rihanna (@rihanna) June 20, 2014
— Dan Shepherd (@liverpooldeep) June 20, 2014
— Troll Football (@Troll__Football) June 20, 2014
Benzema if the FIRST French player to miss a penalty in World Cup HISTORY
— MisterChip (English) (@MisterChiping) June 20, 2014
How did Cabaye miss that????
— Julien Laurens (@LaurensJulien) June 20, 2014
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) June 20, 2014
Pogba is wonderful, but he doesn't lend himself to #FRA's pacey counter-attacking style. Are France actually stronger without him?
— ITV Football (@itvfootball) June 20, 2014
— BenchWarmers (@BenchWarmersCOM) June 20, 2014
- Updated: June 20, 2014