Giroud misses chances, Ramsey sent off as Arsenal draw 0-0 with Besiktas in 1st leg [Tweets]
- August 19, 2014
Giroud running through on goal http://t.co/YtlMwwORvy
— Footy Humour (@FootyHumour) August 19, 2014
Istanbul on a hot Tuesday night; never an easy place to go.
So Arsenal will be pleased overall to come away unscathed from their Champions League qualifier 1st leg against Besiktas tonight, taking a 0-0 back to London net week – especially as they played with 10 men for the final 10 minutes, Aaron Ramsey picking up a second yellow.
But it could have been nearly all wrapped up tonight had Olivier Giroud taken one of the several decent (half) chances that fell his way.
Some Gooners will likely be fretting, but then, Arsenal are seasoned pros at this Champions League qualification game.
Since they made 4th spot their birthright around 8 years ago (give or take a few Spurs aberrations), Arsenal have never failed to make the Champions League via this qualification route.
So a comfortable 2-0 win next week, right?
Ramsey off. Second yellow. Misses home leg. Very confused.
— Arsène's Son (@hughwizzy) August 19, 2014
Would've been weird being able to play all our best players next Wednesday anyway. Not an Arsenal thing to do.
— Culann Davies (@CulannDavies) August 19, 2014
I'm a fan of Giroud but don't understand how it's possible to play as bad as he has today
— Oli Price-Bates (@OliPriceBates) August 19, 2014
Looking forward to Claude's assessment of Giroud on @arsenalfantv after.
— Sam (@samuelJayC) August 19, 2014
Lot of Giroud slagging. Ignoring the fact the rest of the team looked clueless and sluggish this evening. Need. More. Pace
— Le Grove (@LeGrove) August 19, 2014
— Kevon Bedford ☯ (@Legendarykids) August 19, 2014
It's been a pretty lethargic performance… and yet, had Giroud been sharper, could be so comfortable.
— Miguel Delaney (@MiguelDelaney) August 19, 2014
Keep the clean sheet. We'll smash this lot at our gaff next week.
— FK (@fkhanage) August 19, 2014
Giroud is a fighter, Yeah, his first touch is not great, he turns at the speed of an oil tanker and his conversion rates suck, but he fights
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) August 19, 2014
- Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny let in two goals on his Roma debut (Video)
- Man United hero Roy Keane claims Arsenal have a ‘selfie culture’ [Telegraph]
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Which club is bigger Arsenal or Chelsea? [AFTV v CFC]
- Chelsea captain John Terry admits it will be strange to play against ‘Big Pete...
- Wilshere = Fabregas: Daily Mail compare Arsenal & Chelsea through Little Englander...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi