GIF: Swansea’s Ashley Williams kicking Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho in the balls on Monday night
Swansea captain Ashley Williams was lucky he wasn’t sent off on Monday night during the Welshmen’s 2-2 draw with Liverpool.
Early in the second half Williams ended Philippe Coutinho’s match early when the Swansea captain kicked the Brazilian in the balls.
As Coutinho was looking to orchestrate an attack for the visitors, Williams not only stopped the Liverpool number 10 in his tracks but he then gave him a little extra as well.
Williams clumsily left is left leg out after a quick touch from Coutinho left the defender flat-footed. Williams’ dangled limb was always going to be enough to leave the Liverpool attacking midfielder on the ground, but the Swansea captain then seemed to pull a nasty move by cynically kicking his opponent in his groin.
Williams’ kick ended Coutinho’s match prematurely, and some Liverpool fans were left bemoaning that moment as the incident which changed the course of the game.
Referee Michael Oliver did book Williams for his bad tackle, however the defender could consider himself lucky for not receiving a red card.
Watch Philippe Coutinho’s match highlights against Swansea below.
Watch Live Stream
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Top striker criticised for not joining Liverpool or Arsenal (BBC Video)December 8, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Phil Coutinho wins POTY award, Jurgen Klopp accepts award & cracks jokes (video)December 6, 2016
- Brazil coach Tite lavishes praise on Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho (Video)December 1, 2016
- No Ronaldo? Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho names the 3 best players in the world (video)November 30, 2016
- Liverpool fans react to Philippe Coutinho’s estimated time out with ankle injuryNovember 28, 2016
- Swansea legend Lee Trundle scores awesome trick penalty (video)December 5, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino cites Michael Owen dive to defend Spurs midfielderDecember 5, 2016
- Explosive claims may finally reveal why Michael Laudrup was mysteriously axed from Swansea in 2014December 4, 2016
- Dele Alli lampooned on the BBC for his dive v Swansea (Video)December 3, 2016