Gif: Did Nathan Dyer actually stamp on Aaron Ramsey? (Swansea – Arsenal)
- January 16, 2012
“The game was decided by some strange decisions by the referee. The penalty was a complete imagination. It was a dive. Well done to [Nathan Dyer]” – Arsene Wenger.
While the Professor was happy to accuse Nathan Dyer of taking a dive against Arsenal on Sunday, onlookers were left discussing if the Swansea midfielder had actually stamped on Aaron Ramsey in the build up the home side’s first goal at the Liberty Stadium.
At first sight the penalty seemed a lock.
Having conceded a Van Persie goal early on, the Welshman won a penalty in the 16th minute when Ramsey brought down Dyer in the box. Yet on closer inspection doubts were raised over whether it was Dyer who had actually committed the foul.
As reported by the BBC at the time, “Yes, he [Ramsey] and Nathan Dyer come together, but it is more like Dyer making contact with him – the Swansea player accidentally catches Ramsey on his shin as he spins away from the Wales captain.”
Related link: MOTD highlights of Swansea 3 – Arsenal 2.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...