Gif: Did Nathan Dyer actually stamp on Aaron Ramsey? (Swansea – Arsenal)
- January 16, 2012
“The game was decided by some strange decisions by the referee. The penalty was a complete imagination. It was a dive. Well done to [Nathan Dyer]” – Arsene Wenger.
While the Professor was happy to accuse Nathan Dyer of taking a dive against Arsenal on Sunday, onlookers were left discussing if the Swansea midfielder had actually stamped on Aaron Ramsey in the build up the home side’s first goal at the Liberty Stadium.
At first sight the penalty seemed a lock.
Having conceded a Van Persie goal early on, the Welshman won a penalty in the 16th minute when Ramsey brought down Dyer in the box. Yet on closer inspection doubts were raised over whether it was Dyer who had actually committed the foul.
As reported by the BBC at the time, “Yes, he [Ramsey] and Nathan Dyer come together, but it is more like Dyer making contact with him – the Swansea player accidentally catches Ramsey on his shin as he spins away from the Wales captain.”
Related link: MOTD highlights of Swansea 3 – Arsenal 2.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi