- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
GIF: Brendan Rodgers shows off his idea of possession football in final seconds of Udinese 0 – Liverpool 1
Thursday night in Italy was undoubtedly a triumph for Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool as the Merseyside giants travelled to Udinese and pulled off a fine 1-0 win.
Jordan Henderson’s goal in the first half was the difference and Liverpool enjoyed a commanding 68% possession with only a late Antonio Di Natale chance coming close to ruining the trip.
Rodgers though was a bit nervous about his young Liverpool side late on and had a funny moment where he refused to hand back the ball on the touchline.
- Updated: December 6, 2012