Ghana are rationing electricity so people can watch the World Cup match v America
- June 16, 2014
Ghana are taking extreme measures to make sure their countrymen can can watch the World Cup match v America on Monday night.
According to Quartz:
To ensure that World Cup viewing won’t be interrupted, Ghana is purchasing 50 megawatts of electricity from its neighbor, Ivory Coast.
Power plants will also be running at maximum capacity, and Volta Aluminum, the nation’s largest smelter and a large drain on electricity, will slow production during the match.
Power shortages have been prevalent in Ghana in recent months due to a lack of water needed to power hydroelectric dams on the Volta River.
- Leaked Audio: Wife of Torino’s Afriyie Acquah reveals 4 year affair with Aston Vi...
- Mali U20 scored two stunning golazos v Ghana at the U20 World Cup [Videos]
- Golazo: Moussa Konate scored an amazing lob to ease Senegal to victory over Ghana [Video]
- Chelsea-owned Everton loanee Christian Atsu (Ghana) named Player of AFCON Tournament [V...
- Ivory Coast star Gervinho gets hilarious photoshop treatment after AFCON win [Video]
- Photoshoppers go into overdrive mocking Gervinho’s pose during the Ivory Coast v ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...