- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Gervinho’s ridiculous miss in Arsenal’s defeat at Bradford (GIF, video & the best Tweets)
- Updated: December 11, 2012
In many ways, Gervinho sums up the malaise at Arsenal under Arsene Wenger in recent seasons.
Where once “The Professor” signed unknown players from Ligue 1 and moulded them into global super stars, now Wenger appears to be luring some of the best players appearing in France and slowly turning them into laughing stocks.
As Gervinho’s horrible season continues, spare a thought for Marouane Chamakh who is arguably even a bigger failure at the Emirates with both arriving at Arsenal with high hopes.
Gervinho, who regularly pulls out important goals or assists for the Ivory Coast, was a key man in Lille’s Ligue 1 triumph in 2010/2011, where he eclipsed Eden Hazard in the same OL side.
The miss from Gervinho just before half-time will live on as one of the worst of the campaign and in retrospect it looks crucial with Arsenal only later finding an equaliser until there were two minutes remaining.
It is fair to say the complexion of the tie would have completely changed had Arsenal gone in level at half-time.
You fear this could be the end for Gervinho at Arsenal and Arsene Wenger could pay a large price for sticking with the Ivorian for so long.
GIF of the miss above, video below, followed by the best Tweets.
RT if you’re a better footballer than Gervinho.
— Mario Balotelli (@MarioBaloltelli) December 11, 2012
Gervinho could kick himself for that performance but he’d most likely miss.
— Smudger Smith (@smudgersmithpro) December 11, 2012
Gervinho and Chamakh: giving us all hope that we can make it as professional footballers, since 2011.
— Sport Jokes (@FootballFunnys) December 11, 2012
At least Gervinho will not see the tweets aimed at him tonight as he doesn’t know how to find the Net.
— Lucy Barker (@LucyBarker1) December 11, 2012
I’m going out tonight dressed as Gervinho. I’m not planning to score.
— Renato (@th14Renato) December 11, 2012