Gerrard? Glenn Hoddle & Lee Dixon lament ‘schoolboy’ error on Suarez’s 2nd goal after Uruguay 2 – England 1 [Video]
The ITV Sport panel offered some decent analysis on England’s defeat to Uruguay tonight.
Glenn Hoddle, Lee Dixon, and Uruguayan Gus Poyet agreed that Luis Suarez was the difference between the teams on the night, observing that England created just as many (if not more) chances, but again as against Italy, didn’t know how to make the most of them.
Hoddle was particularly disappointed with Uruguay’s 2nd goal, which he felt stemmed from a ‘schoolboy error’, in allowing a long punt downfield make its way straight to the England box, with Suarez being allowed to profit so easily.
Neither Dixon or Hoddle named names, but the consensus is pretty clear that Steven Gerrard was the main man to blame in knocking the ball backwards, where Suarez was lurking.
Watch Live Stream
- Michail Antonio thought West Ham’s physio was pranking him over his England call up (Video)August 30, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Big Sam names first England squad: Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere unsurprisingly cutAugust 28, 2016
- England boss Sam Allardyce pranks 5 kids at Wembley Stadium (Video)August 28, 2016
- Luis Suarez goes nuts on the bench as Uruguay are dumped out of Copa America (Videos)June 10, 2016
- Copa America screw-up: Uruguay’s national anthem was replaced by Chile’s (Video)June 6, 2016
- Classic Uruguay winner v Peru: Luis Suarez assist, Edinson Cavani finish (Video)March 30, 2016
- Luis Suarez scores against Brazil on his first competitive international since biting ban (Video)March 26, 2016