Gerrard? Glenn Hoddle & Lee Dixon lament ‘schoolboy’ error on Suarez’s 2nd goal after Uruguay 2 – England 1 [Video]
The ITV Sport panel offered some decent analysis on England’s defeat to Uruguay tonight.
Glenn Hoddle, Lee Dixon, and Uruguayan Gus Poyet agreed that Luis Suarez was the difference between the teams on the night, observing that England created just as many (if not more) chances, but again as against Italy, didn’t know how to make the most of them.
Hoddle was particularly disappointed with Uruguay’s 2nd goal, which he felt stemmed from a ‘schoolboy error’, in allowing a long punt downfield make its way straight to the England box, with Suarez being allowed to profit so easily.
Neither Dixon or Hoddle named names, but the consensus is pretty clear that Steven Gerrard was the main man to blame in knocking the ball backwards, where Suarez was lurking.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Southgate gives first interview as permanent England manager (Video)November 30, 2016
- Gareth Southgate has been offered the England job [Sun]November 24, 2016
- Wilfried Zaha set to switch to the Ivory Coast despite having played for England [BBC]November 22, 2016
- Gareth Southgate to be confirmed as England manager after three-hour interview [Telegraph]November 21, 2016
- Uruguayans claim Luis Suarez didn’t swear at Chile fans, but he did troll themNovember 17, 2016
- Arsenal warrior Alexis Sanchez lost his temper with the dugout after a Luis Suarez fall (Official Video)November 17, 2016
- Luis Suarez is in hot bother for swearing at Chile fans, faces a banNovember 16, 2016
- Chile’s Gonzalo Jara accused of another anal probe v Uruguay, this time on Boro’s Gaston RamirezNovember 16, 2016