Gerrard? Glenn Hoddle & Lee Dixon lament ‘schoolboy’ error on Suarez’s 2nd goal after Uruguay 2 – England 1 [Video]
- June 19, 2014
The ITV Sport panel offered some decent analysis on England’s defeat to Uruguay tonight.
Glenn Hoddle, Lee Dixon, and Uruguayan Gus Poyet agreed that Luis Suarez was the difference between the teams on the night, observing that England created just as many (if not more) chances, but again as against Italy, didn’t know how to make the most of them.
Hoddle was particularly disappointed with Uruguay’s 2nd goal, which he felt stemmed from a ‘schoolboy error’, in allowing a long punt downfield make its way straight to the England box, with Suarez being allowed to profit so easily.
Neither Dixon or Hoddle named names, but the consensus is pretty clear that Steven Gerrard was the main man to blame in knocking the ball backwards, where Suarez was lurking.
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Laura Bassett reflects on her semi-final own goal for Japan v England [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi