Gerrard? Glenn Hoddle & Lee Dixon lament ‘schoolboy’ error on Suarez’s 2nd goal after Uruguay 2 – England 1 [Video]
The ITV Sport panel offered some decent analysis on England’s defeat to Uruguay tonight.
Glenn Hoddle, Lee Dixon, and Uruguayan Gus Poyet agreed that Luis Suarez was the difference between the teams on the night, observing that England created just as many (if not more) chances, but again as against Italy, didn’t know how to make the most of them.
Hoddle was particularly disappointed with Uruguay’s 2nd goal, which he felt stemmed from a ‘schoolboy error’, in allowing a long punt downfield make its way straight to the England box, with Suarez being allowed to profit so easily.
Neither Dixon or Hoddle named names, but the consensus is pretty clear that Steven Gerrard was the main man to blame in knocking the ball backwards, where Suarez was lurking.
Watch Live Stream
- Joey Barton takes aim at Sam Allardyce, claims he would be a better England boss [Quotes]September 20, 2016
- Twitter goes nuts for Man United’s Marcus Rashford following hat-trick for England U21s [Best Tweets]September 6, 2016
- Man United’s Marcus Rashford scores sublime hat-trick on England U21 debut (Video)September 6, 2016
- Last gasp Lallana secures England 1-0 win in Slovakia (Official Video)September 5, 2016
- What did Luiz Suarez kiss after Uruguay goal v Paraguay?September 7, 2016
- As Narcos 2 is released, Luis Suarez gets a shout out from Pablo Escobar’s contract killer (Video)September 5, 2016
- Argentina 1 – Uruguay 0: Leo Messi scores the winner (Official Videos)September 2, 2016
- Luis Suarez goes nuts on the bench as Uruguay are dumped out of Copa America (Videos)June 10, 2016