- Awkward! Flamini thought he’d won MOTM until he was told to give it to Alexis Sanchez [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Wenger: ‘Santi Cazorla is a nice guy, he let Alexis Sanchez take the penalty’ [Video]
- John Terry Instagrams pic of West Ham fans taunting him, ‘They were wishing me Happy Christmas!’
- Barça’s Luis Suarez: ‘It’s easy playing with Messi & Neymar, they do such incredible things’ [Video]
- Arsenal fan Moh says Nedum Onuoha ‘must’ve gone to the Chelsea School of Diving’ for Giroud incident
Gerrard? Glenn Hoddle & Lee Dixon lament ‘schoolboy’ error on Suarez’s 2nd goal after Uruguay 2 – England 1 [Video]
The ITV Sport panel offered some decent analysis on England’s defeat to Uruguay tonight.
Glenn Hoddle, Lee Dixon, and Uruguayan Gus Poyet agreed that Luis Suarez was the difference between the teams on the night, observing that England created just as many (if not more) chances, but again as against Italy, didn’t know how to make the most of them.
Hoddle was particularly disappointed with Uruguay’s 2nd goal, which he felt stemmed from a ‘schoolboy error’, in allowing a long punt downfield make its way straight to the England box, with Suarez being allowed to profit so easily.
Neither Dixon or Hoddle named names, but the consensus is pretty clear that Steven Gerrard was the main man to blame in knocking the ball backwards, where Suarez was lurking.
- Updated: June 19, 2014