- Bulgarian Liverpool fans sing the Brendan Rodgers song in Sofia Irish bar [Video]
- ‘That’s football!’ Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers laughs off favourite-for-the-sack tag [Video]
- Gaz Metan perform crazy free-kick routine in Romanian league, nearly works! [Video]
- Trollstation, the idiot pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan, admit they are Arsenal supporters
- Angel Di Maria compares Man United’s Wayne Rooney to Lionel Messi [Daily Mail]
Gerrard? Glenn Hoddle & Lee Dixon lament ‘schoolboy’ error on Suarez’s 2nd goal after Uruguay 2 – England 1 [Video]
The ITV Sport panel offered some decent analysis on England’s defeat to Uruguay tonight.
Glenn Hoddle, Lee Dixon, and Uruguayan Gus Poyet agreed that Luis Suarez was the difference between the teams on the night, observing that England created just as many (if not more) chances, but again as against Italy, didn’t know how to make the most of them.
Hoddle was particularly disappointed with Uruguay’s 2nd goal, which he felt stemmed from a ‘schoolboy error’, in allowing a long punt downfield make its way straight to the England box, with Suarez being allowed to profit so easily.
Neither Dixon or Hoddle named names, but the consensus is pretty clear that Steven Gerrard was the main man to blame in knocking the ball backwards, where Suarez was lurking.
- Updated: June 19, 2014