- Steward took ‘Wenger Out’ poster out an Arsenal fan’s hands at the Man United game [Pictures]
- RISK FREE: Back Southampton to beat Aston Villa at 5/1 + money back if you lose!!!!
- Awesome scissors kick Golazo! Yann Kermorgant for Bournemouth v Ipswich
- Individual highlights of Leo Messi’s (Barcelona) record-breaking hat-trick performance v Sevilla [Video]
- Crystal Palace v Liverpool [Team Sheets]
Gerard Pique recalls time Man United boss Louis van Gaal pushed him over as a boy [Video]
Having played for Manchester United, and knowing Louis van Gaal (albeit from afar) from the Dutchman’s time at Barcelona, Gerard Pique was asked about the new United boss at a press conference today.
Pique explained that he didn’t know him very well, as he was just a kid playing for the Barcelona Cadets at the time, but that he did meet him a few times, as the Iron Tulip was friend’s with Pique’s grandfather, Barcelona vice-President at the time.
And the Barcelona centre-half told a pretty funny story that only adds to the legend of Van Gaal The Disciplinarian.
Pique recalled how Van Gaal Van Gaal pushed him over the first time he came to the house, to see how strong he was.
When the 12-13 year old Pique fell over, Van Gaal lamented, ‘You’re not strong enough to be a Barcelona defender’.
- Updated: July 31, 2014