- Jokes! Cristiano Ronaldo held back by Pepe to stop him fighting Gareth Bale [Video]
- Spurs Fan Footage: Erik Lamela incredible skills & shot saved by Partizan keeper [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: “Jack Wilshere deals very well with kicks & tackles” [Video]
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez frustrated with his bad reputation [Video]
- EPIC FAIL! ISL keeper David James got caught in the net whilst trying to kick post in anger [Video]
Gerard Pique recalls time Man United boss Louis van Gaal pushed him over as a boy [Video]
Having played for Manchester United, and knowing Louis van Gaal (albeit from afar) from the Dutchman’s time at Barcelona, Gerard Pique was asked about the new United boss at a press conference today.
Pique explained that he didn’t know him very well, as he was just a kid playing for the Barcelona Cadets at the time, but that he did meet him a few times, as the Iron Tulip was friend’s with Pique’s grandfather, Barcelona vice-President at the time.
And the Barcelona centre-half told a pretty funny story that only adds to the legend of Van Gaal The Disciplinarian.
Pique recalled how Van Gaal Van Gaal pushed him over the first time he came to the house, to see how strong he was.
When the 12-13 year old Pique fell over, Van Gaal lamented, ‘You’re not strong enough to be a Barcelona defender’.
- Updated: July 31, 2014