- Alexis Sanchez uploads childhood photo, sparks debate among Chileans that he’s a fan of La U
- Better Late Than Never! Barça’s Neymar wishes Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez a Happy Birthday
- Roberto Soldado: ‘I feel ashamed when Spurs fans sing my name’
- Manchester United’s Juan Mata gives Full Time Devils a Wave
- Spurs’ Andros Townsend banters Roberto Soldado for using Google Translate in Twitter chat
Gerard Pique recalls time Man United boss Louis van Gaal pushed him over as a boy [Video]
Having played for Manchester United, and knowing Louis van Gaal (albeit from afar) from the Dutchman’s time at Barcelona, Gerard Pique was asked about the new United boss at a press conference today.
Pique explained that he didn’t know him very well, as he was just a kid playing for the Barcelona Cadets at the time, but that he did meet him a few times, as the Iron Tulip was friend’s with Pique’s grandfather, Barcelona vice-President at the time.
And the Barcelona centre-half told a pretty funny story that only adds to the legend of Van Gaal The Disciplinarian.
Pique recalled how Van Gaal Van Gaal pushed him over the first time he came to the house, to see how strong he was.
When the 12-13 year old Pique fell over, Van Gaal lamented, ‘You’re not strong enough to be a Barcelona defender’.
- Updated: July 31, 2014