Gerard Deulofeu added to Spain’s WC squad for Bolivia friendly, joins Man United, City, Chelsea & Arsenal stars
Vincente Del Bosque was expected to name Spain’s 23-man World Cup squad on Sunday, but, the day after the Champions League final, the La Roja manager has decided to leave that decision until June 2nd as several players have “injury problems”.
In the absence of the World Cup squad news, Spanish fans were told on Sunday that former Everton midfielder Gerard Deulofeu has received a surprise call up to the national team squad for this week’s friendly with Bolivia.
Deulofeu’s call up is unlikely to translate into a spot in the Spanish World Cup squad, however it’s nevertheless a feather in the cap for the former Toffee.
Other Premier League based players in the squad are Manchester United’s David De Gea and Juan Mata, Chelsea’s Fernando Torres and Cesar Azpilicueta, plus Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla and Man City’s David Silva.
The full squad for Friday night’s friendly is below.
- Arsene Wenger holds talks with a friendly face at Corinthians about signing Alexandre Pato [Globo]
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- Diego Costa’s time up at Chelsea? Blues consider moves for Robin van Persie & a Spurs ...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)
- Spain 5 – Georgia 0: Everton’s Gerard Deulofeu scores a hat-trick for the U21s (Highl...
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku & Gerard Deulofeu post reviews of the West Ham game on Instagram
- Gerard Deulofeu celebrates Everton’s 6-2 win v Sunderland on Instagram
- Gerard Deulofeu & Romelu Lukaku praised as Everton slaughter Sunderland [Tweets]