Gerard Deulofeu added to Spain’s WC squad for Bolivia friendly, joins Man United, City, Chelsea & Arsenal stars
- May 25, 2014
Vincente Del Bosque was expected to name Spain’s 23-man World Cup squad on Sunday, but, the day after the Champions League final, the La Roja manager has decided to leave that decision until June 2nd as several players have “injury problems”.
In the absence of the World Cup squad news, Spanish fans were told on Sunday that former Everton midfielder Gerard Deulofeu has received a surprise call up to the national team squad for this week’s friendly with Bolivia.
Deulofeu’s call up is unlikely to translate into a spot in the Spanish World Cup squad, however it’s nevertheless a feather in the cap for the former Toffee.
Other Premier League based players in the squad are Manchester United’s David De Gea and Juan Mata, Chelsea’s Fernando Torres and Cesar Azpilicueta, plus Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla and Man City’s David Silva.
The full squad for Friday night’s friendly is below.
- Augsberg defender Abdul Rahman Baba agrees personal terms With Chelsea [Bild]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright strangely takes to Twitter to beg his old club to sign Real M...
- Aaron Ramsey thinks Theo Walcott is set for a prolific season (Video)
- Arsene Wenger has £42m to splash out on a striker; Karim Benzema tops his list [Cadena ...
- A week after Chuba Akpom said he wanted to stay at Arsenal, he joins Hull on loan (Pict...
- Arsenal stars like Petr Cech & Olivier Giroud photobomb unsuspecting fans (Officia...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi