Gerard Deulofeu added to Spain’s WC squad for Bolivia friendly, joins Man United, City, Chelsea & Arsenal stars
- May 25, 2014
Vincente Del Bosque was expected to name Spain’s 23-man World Cup squad on Sunday, but, the day after the Champions League final, the La Roja manager has decided to leave that decision until June 2nd as several players have “injury problems”.
In the absence of the World Cup squad news, Spanish fans were told on Sunday that former Everton midfielder Gerard Deulofeu has received a surprise call up to the national team squad for this week’s friendly with Bolivia.
Deulofeu’s call up is unlikely to translate into a spot in the Spanish World Cup squad, however it’s nevertheless a feather in the cap for the former Toffee.
Other Premier League based players in the squad are Manchester United’s David De Gea and Juan Mata, Chelsea’s Fernando Torres and Cesar Azpilicueta, plus Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla and Man City’s David Silva.
The full squad for Friday night’s friendly is below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...