Gerard Deulofeu added to Spain’s WC squad for Bolivia friendly, joins Man United, City, Chelsea & Arsenal stars
- May 25, 2014
Vincente Del Bosque was expected to name Spain’s 23-man World Cup squad on Sunday, but, the day after the Champions League final, the La Roja manager has decided to leave that decision until June 2nd as several players have “injury problems”.
In the absence of the World Cup squad news, Spanish fans were told on Sunday that former Everton midfielder Gerard Deulofeu has received a surprise call up to the national team squad for this week’s friendly with Bolivia.
Deulofeu’s call up is unlikely to translate into a spot in the Spanish World Cup squad, however it’s nevertheless a feather in the cap for the former Toffee.
Other Premier League based players in the squad are Manchester United’s David De Gea and Juan Mata, Chelsea’s Fernando Torres and Cesar Azpilicueta, plus Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla and Man City’s David Silva.
The full squad for Friday night’s friendly is below.
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- First Interview: Petr Cech believes his experience can help Arsenal win the title [Video]
- Kuwaiti Chelsea fan burns Petr Cech’s shirt after keeper’s move to Arsenal ...
- Chelsea fan trolls Petr Čech’s Wikipedia page following move to Arsenal
- Arsenal are no longer interested in Arturo Vidal, according to the BBC & Telegraph
- Snake: Angry Chelsea fans turn on new Arsenal keeper Petr Cech [Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi