- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Gerard Deulofeu added to Spain’s WC squad for Bolivia friendly, joins Man United, City, Chelsea & Arsenal stars
Vincente Del Bosque was expected to name Spain’s 23-man World Cup squad on Sunday, but, the day after the Champions League final, the La Roja manager has decided to leave that decision until June 2nd as several players have “injury problems”.
In the absence of the World Cup squad news, Spanish fans were told on Sunday that former Everton midfielder Gerard Deulofeu has received a surprise call up to the national team squad for this week’s friendly with Bolivia.
Deulofeu’s call up is unlikely to translate into a spot in the Spanish World Cup squad, however it’s nevertheless a feather in the cap for the former Toffee.
Other Premier League based players in the squad are Manchester United’s David De Gea and Juan Mata, Chelsea’s Fernando Torres and Cesar Azpilicueta, plus Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla and Man City’s David Silva.
The full squad for Friday night’s friendly is below.
- Updated: May 25, 2014