Genius! Mario Götze pays tribute to Lionel Messi with post WC final picture on Instagram
- July 15, 2014
It will likely go down in football folklore that just before entering the Maracana in the World Cup final as a substitute, Jogi Low gave Mario Götze specific instructions:
“I said to Götze: ‘OK, show the world you are better than Messi and can decide the World Cup.”
In the aftermath of the World Cup final a number of German players have paid homage to Lionel Messi.
Before leaving Brazil, Götze posted an Instagram picture taken after the World Cup final alongside the Argentine forward.
It features Götze with his World Cup winners medal and Messi, with a simple one word tag line:
- High foot: Emmanuel Más sent off for outrageous stamp to the head in Argentina (Video)
- Leo Messi’s school in Rosario honour the Barca star with giant hand-painted tribu...
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Man United & Man City stars selected for Argentina’s latest squad, Erik Lame...
- What. A. Goal. Substitute Eric Aparicio nets incredible long range golazo v Lanus (Video)
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...