Gazzetta dello Sport: The next Chelsea boss will be Jose Mourinho or Antonio Conte
- February 5, 2013
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport runs with an interesting piece on who will be the next Chelsea manager todat, throwing into the ring the name of Juventus boss Antonio Conte.
Current interim Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez could reportedly lose his job if his side fail to produce positive results in the next two games (against Wigan and Brentford in the FA Cup) but even if Roman Abramovich replaces the Spaniard with Avram Grant for the rest of the campaign, a new manager in the summer is a certainty.
Jose Mourinho is rumoured to already be in negotiations with Chelsea over a return to Stamford Bridge and the likes of Gianfranco Zola and Michael Laudrup have also been linked.
Gazzetta say Antonio Conte is “an admirer of the Premier League” and has been learning English for the past two years in the eventuality of a big job opening up in England.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is believed to have been impressed with how Juventus played against Chelsea in the Champions League this season and had ear marked Conte as a future option for the Blues.
Antonio Conte is contracted to Juventus until 2014 but this is not thought to be a problem should Abramovich seriously chase the Italian next summer.
Who do you think will be the next permanent Chelsea manager?
A video report on Antonio Conte’s latest suspension can be seen on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...