Gazzetta dello Sport: The next Chelsea boss will be Jose Mourinho or Antonio Conte
- February 5, 2013
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport runs with an interesting piece on who will be the next Chelsea manager todat, throwing into the ring the name of Juventus boss Antonio Conte.
Current interim Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez could reportedly lose his job if his side fail to produce positive results in the next two games (against Wigan and Brentford in the FA Cup) but even if Roman Abramovich replaces the Spaniard with Avram Grant for the rest of the campaign, a new manager in the summer is a certainty.
Jose Mourinho is rumoured to already be in negotiations with Chelsea over a return to Stamford Bridge and the likes of Gianfranco Zola and Michael Laudrup have also been linked.
Gazzetta say Antonio Conte is “an admirer of the Premier League” and has been learning English for the past two years in the eventuality of a big job opening up in England.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is believed to have been impressed with how Juventus played against Chelsea in the Champions League this season and had ear marked Conte as a future option for the Blues.
Antonio Conte is contracted to Juventus until 2014 but this is not thought to be a problem should Abramovich seriously chase the Italian next summer.
Who do you think will be the next permanent Chelsea manager?
A video report on Antonio Conte’s latest suspension can be seen on the video below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]