Gazzetta dello Sport: It’s possible Man United increased bid for Arturo Vidal, causing Conte to leave Juventus
- July 15, 2014
When it comes to football news from Italy, pink newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport are pretty much the gold standard.
So, a report this evening in the aftermath of Antonio Conte’s surprise departure from Juventus will be eagerly lapped up by Manchester United fans.
In one of Gazzetta’s main reports on Conte leaving The Old Lady they seriously speculate that have Manchester United increased their bid for Chile World Cup star Arturo Vidal.
Reportedly, Conte was not happy that Juventus have been priced out the market for both Juan Cuadrado and Alexis Sanchez.
The three-time Scudetto winner also had doubts about bringing in Manchester United left back Patrice Evra, a move that has been verified by press in both Italy and England.
They go on to add that it is “possible that the straw that broke the camel’s back was Arturo Vidal. Juventus had promised Conte that Vidal would not be sold. But Manchester United, fresh from a huge agreement with Adidas, in the last hours have raised the offer.”
This news should come with a huge caveat – namely two of the most connected journalists to Manchester United, who reveal that Louis van Gaal’s side have in fact made no move for Arturo Vidal. See Tweets below.
About A Vidal: been told this evening there are no negotiations and, in fact, there has been absolutely no contact… #mufc
— jamie jackson (@JamieJackson___) July 15, 2014
Been told tonight that Man Utd have had no dialogue with Juventus over Vidal and he's not on their radar #MUFC
— David McDonnell (@DiscoMirror) July 15, 2014
- Italy coach Antonio Conte visits Spurs, impressed by Mauricio Pochettino
- Gazzetta splash with Antonio Conte slamming Liverpool’s Balotelli: ‘I’...
- Italy boss Antonio Conte says Norway are ‘clearly a dangerous team’ [Video]
- Andrea Pirlo thinks former Juventus boss Antonio Conte is the perfect manager for Italy
- Former Juventus boss Antonio Conte set to be appointed as the new manager of Italy
- Zinedine Zidane is on the shortlist to replace Antonio Conte as Juventus manager [RMC S...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi