- A musical review of football in 2014 to the song “We Didn’t Start The Fire” [Video]
- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
- Bournemouth 1 – Liverpool 3: Reds set up Chelsea semifinal as Sterling shines [Official highlights]
Gary Neville talks Chelsea v Spurs, Arsenal v Everton & the huge potential of Luke Shaw
Since retiring, former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has built a reputation as one of the finest pundits in the Premier League.
In this week’s column, Neville speaks about the threat that Chelsea’s Eden Hazard will be for Tottenham full back Kyle Walker.
He says, “Hazard will pose problems for Walker mentally, in the sense that he might not always go back to defend with him meaning he will be in a better position to quickly counter attack.
“It becomes a bit like a game of poker, you call each other’s bluff.”
Speaking about Arsenal v Everton in the FA Cup tomorrow, Neville picked out Roberto Martinez’s incredibly attacking full backs as a key aspect of tomorrow’s game.
Neville said on the full backs, “Martinez won’t think twice about pushing his full backs in to really advanced areas and he won’t change that even if Arsenal play Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or Tomáš Rosický.”
“Coleman has been a revelation this season. He plays so high, the positions that he and Baines take up for Everton are those of an old-fashioned right and left winger”
Luke Shaw made his England debut in the midweek win over Denmark and England Assistant manager Gary Neville expects big things from the Southampton youngster.
On Shaw Neville said “Watching Shaw at close hand this week, he’s got such power in his running. He drives forward and has a real change of pace and power to pull away from people.
“He can cross the ball, he can beat men, he can play one-twos. The potential in Shaw is enormous. He’s a real talent.”
Gary Neville was speaking in his fortnightly column for EA SPORTS FIFA 14 Ultimate Team. Read the full column here: http://bit.ly/1cAMUCU
- Updated: March 7, 2014