Gary Neville talks Chelsea v Spurs, Arsenal v Everton & the huge potential of Luke Shaw
Since retiring, former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has built a reputation as one of the finest pundits in the Premier League.
In this week’s column, Neville speaks about the threat that Chelsea’s Eden Hazard will be for Tottenham full back Kyle Walker.
He says, “Hazard will pose problems for Walker mentally, in the sense that he might not always go back to defend with him meaning he will be in a better position to quickly counter attack.
“It becomes a bit like a game of poker, you call each other’s bluff.”
Speaking about Arsenal v Everton in the FA Cup tomorrow, Neville picked out Roberto Martinez’s incredibly attacking full backs as a key aspect of tomorrow’s game.
Neville said on the full backs, “Martinez won’t think twice about pushing his full backs in to really advanced areas and he won’t change that even if Arsenal play Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or Tomáš Rosický.”
“Coleman has been a revelation this season. He plays so high, the positions that he and Baines take up for Everton are those of an old-fashioned right and left winger”
Luke Shaw made his England debut in the midweek win over Denmark and England Assistant manager Gary Neville expects big things from the Southampton youngster.
On Shaw Neville said “Watching Shaw at close hand this week, he’s got such power in his running. He drives forward and has a real change of pace and power to pull away from people.
“He can cross the ball, he can beat men, he can play one-twos. The potential in Shaw is enormous. He’s a real talent.”
Gary Neville was speaking in his fortnightly column for EA SPORTS FIFA 14 Ultimate Team. Read the full column here: http://bit.ly/1cAMUCU
Watch Live Stream
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on referee’s decision not to send David Luiz off (Video)October 23, 2016
- Chelsea’s Twitter account trolls Manchester United’s Paul Pogba [Tweet]October 23, 2016
- Bad news for Everton’s Oumar Niasse & Leighton BainesOctober 20, 2016
- Former Man City & Everton striker Jo talks about his battle with alcohol [Globo]October 19, 2016
- Oumar Niasse scores a hat-trick for Everton U23 v Reading (Official Video)October 18, 2016
- Everton’s Ronald Koeman says Man City are the best side he’s ever faced (Video)October 16, 2016