Gary Neville talks Chelsea v Spurs, Arsenal v Everton & the huge potential of Luke Shaw
- March 7, 2014
Since retiring, former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has built a reputation as one of the finest pundits in the Premier League.
In this week’s column, Neville speaks about the threat that Chelsea’s Eden Hazard will be for Tottenham full back Kyle Walker.
He says, “Hazard will pose problems for Walker mentally, in the sense that he might not always go back to defend with him meaning he will be in a better position to quickly counter attack.
“It becomes a bit like a game of poker, you call each other’s bluff.”
Speaking about Arsenal v Everton in the FA Cup tomorrow, Neville picked out Roberto Martinez’s incredibly attacking full backs as a key aspect of tomorrow’s game.
Neville said on the full backs, “Martinez won’t think twice about pushing his full backs in to really advanced areas and he won’t change that even if Arsenal play Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or Tomáš Rosický.”
“Coleman has been a revelation this season. He plays so high, the positions that he and Baines take up for Everton are those of an old-fashioned right and left winger”
Luke Shaw made his England debut in the midweek win over Denmark and England Assistant manager Gary Neville expects big things from the Southampton youngster.
On Shaw Neville said “Watching Shaw at close hand this week, he’s got such power in his running. He drives forward and has a real change of pace and power to pull away from people.
“He can cross the ball, he can beat men, he can play one-twos. The potential in Shaw is enormous. He’s a real talent.”
Gary Neville was speaking in his fortnightly column for EA SPORTS FIFA 14 Ultimate Team. Read the full column here: http://bit.ly/1cAMUCU
- Paul Merson rants about Arsenal’s lack of spending after Welbeck injury
- Gareth Bale & Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey celebrate Wales win over Cyprus on Inst...
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker picks lots of friends in Ultimate XI, including the lat...
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...