Gary Neville talks Chelsea v Spurs, Arsenal v Everton & the huge potential of Luke Shaw
Since retiring, former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has built a reputation as one of the finest pundits in the Premier League.
In this week’s column, Neville speaks about the threat that Chelsea’s Eden Hazard will be for Tottenham full back Kyle Walker.
He says, “Hazard will pose problems for Walker mentally, in the sense that he might not always go back to defend with him meaning he will be in a better position to quickly counter attack.
“It becomes a bit like a game of poker, you call each other’s bluff.”
Speaking about Arsenal v Everton in the FA Cup tomorrow, Neville picked out Roberto Martinez’s incredibly attacking full backs as a key aspect of tomorrow’s game.
Neville said on the full backs, “Martinez won’t think twice about pushing his full backs in to really advanced areas and he won’t change that even if Arsenal play Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or Tomáš Rosický.”
“Coleman has been a revelation this season. He plays so high, the positions that he and Baines take up for Everton are those of an old-fashioned right and left winger”
Luke Shaw made his England debut in the midweek win over Denmark and England Assistant manager Gary Neville expects big things from the Southampton youngster.
On Shaw Neville said “Watching Shaw at close hand this week, he’s got such power in his running. He drives forward and has a real change of pace and power to pull away from people.
“He can cross the ball, he can beat men, he can play one-twos. The potential in Shaw is enormous. He’s a real talent.”
Gary Neville was speaking in his fortnightly column for EA SPORTS FIFA 14 Ultimate Team. Read the full column here: http://bit.ly/1cAMUCU
Watch Live Stream
- Some Arsenal fans are still angry after the Watford win (Videos)August 27, 2016
- The quadruple is on: Gooners celebrate after the Watford win (Arsenal Fan TV Videos)August 27, 2016
- Watford’s Walter Mazzarri produces brilliant line on Arsenal trioAugust 27, 2016
- Arsenal boss confirms Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi have been signed (Video)August 27, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry has bad news for England [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Eden Hazard & Antonio Conte interviews after Chelsea beat Burnley (Official Videos)August 27, 2016
- Chelsea fans boast about how good their side were against Burnley (Video)August 27, 2016
- Done Deal: AC Milan sign a Chelsea midfielder on loanAugust 27, 2016
- Ronald Koeman states that Everton are not interested in Man City goalkeeper Joe Hart (Video)August 25, 2016
- Everton overtake Arsenal in the race for an Algerian winger [Record]August 22, 2016
- Everton have placed a bid for Manchester City keeper Joe Hart [Telegraph]August 21, 2016
- Everton’s Yannick Bolasie claims Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku nagged him to join (Video)August 18, 2016