Gary Neville slaps down complaining Arsenal fan Piers Morgan after the win in Fenerbahce
- August 22, 2013
Gary Neville 1 – Piers Morgan 0.
Following Arsenal’s 3-0 away triumph at Fenerbahce in the Champions League, most fans of the Gunners would have afforded themselves a moment’s pause and celebration after successfully negotiating what could have been a banana-skin fixture.
Piers Morgan is no usual Arsenal fan.
Despite the Gunners all-but confirming their spot in the Champions League, CCN’s talking-head couldn’t help himself from ranting against Arsene Wenger’s transfer policy.
Morgan’s tweet attempted to drive a wedge between two groups of Arsenal fans: “true” Gunners and “dumb” Gunners.
Unhappy at that distinction, though, Sky Sports’ Gary Neville stepped into the breach to recategorise Arsenal fans into different groups: Piers Morgan’s group of “not-normal” Arsenal fans, and the much larger, everyday group of “normal” Arsenal supporters.
See how Gary Neville slapped down complaining Arsenal fan Piers Morgan after the win in Fenerbahce below.
- Arsenal stopper Petr Cech speaks about how he became a goalkeeper (Video)
- Gary Neville says Jack Wilshere’s chant about Spurs was the best thing he’s...
- Petr Cech ignored Mourinho to leave Chelsea, signed for Arsenal because of Wenger [Mail]
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud pulls off WWE takedown in FIFA 15 glitch (Video)
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi