- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Gary Neville slaps down complaining Arsenal fan Piers Morgan after the win in Fenerbahce
Gary Neville 1 – Piers Morgan 0.
Following Arsenal’s 3-0 away triumph at Fenerbahce in the Champions League, most fans of the Gunners would have afforded themselves a moment’s pause and celebration after successfully negotiating what could have been a banana-skin fixture.
Piers Morgan is no usual Arsenal fan.
Despite the Gunners all-but confirming their spot in the Champions League, CCN’s talking-head couldn’t help himself from ranting against Arsene Wenger’s transfer policy.
Morgan’s tweet attempted to drive a wedge between two groups of Arsenal fans: “true” Gunners and “dumb” Gunners.
Unhappy at that distinction, though, Sky Sports’ Gary Neville stepped into the breach to recategorise Arsenal fans into different groups: Piers Morgan’s group of “not-normal” Arsenal fans, and the much larger, everyday group of “normal” Arsenal supporters.
See how Gary Neville slapped down complaining Arsenal fan Piers Morgan after the win in Fenerbahce below.
- Updated: August 22, 2013