- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Gary Neville on MNF: “Look at Vidic staring at De Gea… It’s not because he fancies him”
Once again Gary Neville was a must watch on Monday Night Football as he dissected the weekend’s action and his number one target was Manchester United keeper David De Gea, not for the first time this weekend.
G Nev was highly critical of the Spaniard after the draw at Spurs alongside Jamie Redknapp and then voiced his frustrations about the Manchester United number one on Twitter this morning.
It continued on Monday night and Neville produced some excellent analysis (as always) on the body language shown by Danny Welbeck and Nemanja Vidic following the late late Spurs equaliser at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
The stand out line, and it was said in all Gary Neville seriousness, was: “Look at Vidic staring at De Gea after that Spurs goal. It’s not because he fancies him.”
Intriguingly, and if proof were needed of just how far Neville’s opinion travels these days, there was immediate reaction on Twitter from Michael Owen, defending De Gea.
And the Tweet below was immediately retweeted by Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez. Presumably defending his team mate De Gea.
De Gea made less mistakes than most yesterday. In fact, he was brilliant throughout. I accept GK’s can’t make mistakes but still harsh IMO.
— michael owen (@themichaelowen) January 21, 2013
- Updated: January 21, 2013