Gary Neville on MNF: “Look at Vidic staring at De Gea… It’s not because he fancies him”
- January 21, 2013
Once again Gary Neville was a must watch on Monday Night Football as he dissected the weekend’s action and his number one target was Manchester United keeper David De Gea, not for the first time this weekend.
G Nev was highly critical of the Spaniard after the draw at Spurs alongside Jamie Redknapp and then voiced his frustrations about the Manchester United number one on Twitter this morning.
It continued on Monday night and Neville produced some excellent analysis (as always) on the body language shown by Danny Welbeck and Nemanja Vidic following the late late Spurs equaliser at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
The stand out line, and it was said in all Gary Neville seriousness, was: “Look at Vidic staring at De Gea after that Spurs goal. It’s not because he fancies him.”
Intriguingly, and if proof were needed of just how far Neville’s opinion travels these days, there was immediate reaction on Twitter from Michael Owen, defending De Gea.
And the Tweet below was immediately retweeted by Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez. Presumably defending his team mate De Gea.
De Gea made less mistakes than most yesterday. In fact, he was brilliant throughout. I accept GK’s can’t make mistakes but still harsh IMO.
— michael owen (@themichaelowen) January 21, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...