Gary Neville & Jamie Carragher talk about Arsenal, pundits refuse to label Gunners as title frontrunners
- October 22, 2013
Monday Night Football brought another opportunity for Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher to show off their punditry skills, and the former Manchester United and Liverpool defenders both agreed to not label Arsenal are frontrunners for the title this season.
Whilst gushing over Arsenal’s performance against Norwich last weekend, the talking-heads were at pains not to get carried away with predictions for Arsene Wenger’s side.
Is this the real deal? Is this the team now that can go on and win the championship? [Arsenal] are doing everything that’s being asked of them at this point in the league. There is confidence, belief, and look at Ramsey: he’s looking top class!
Noticeably Neville didn’t back the Gunners for the title, and Carragher explained why that might be.
I think if this was Chelsea, Manchester United or Man City we’d all say they could win the league. But becuase they’ve gone so long without winning a trophy or really challenging for the championship we all get a little bit scared off. The form that they are in, they are looking the most impressive team in the Premier League at the moment.
Watch Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher talk about Arsenal’s title credentials, plus analysis of Aaron Ramsey, below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]