Gary Neville compares Wayne Rooney winner at Fulham to Cristiano Ronaldo goal in 2007
- February 2, 2013
Was Ronaldo goal against Fulham a few years ago from similar position left or right foot?
— G.Neville (@GNev2) February 2, 2013
To be fair to super pundit G Nev, he was far from the only one comparing Wayne Rooney’s winner at Fulham on Saturday afternoon with a rather famous goal from Cristiano Ronaldo for Manchester United in 2007.
In February 2007, Cristiano Ronaldo picked up the ball in the inside left position and curled home the winner for Manchester United in a 2-1 win over Fulham at Craven Cottage.
This victory was seen as a key three points as Manchester United held off Chelsea to win the 2006/2007 Premier League title.
It may well be too early to say Manchester United’s win at Fulham today was title defining, but a 10 point gap over Manchester City will have Sir Alex Ferguson feeling pretty confident, even this early in February.
Compare Wayne Rooney’s winner this evening with Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal at Fulham six years ago on the videos below. They are rather similar!
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...