Gary Neville blames Matt Jarvis for not diving for West Ham at Arsenal, says he lost his team a penalty [Video]
- April 16, 2014
It may not have been politically correct, but Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville tore into Matt Jarvis’ honesty on Tuesday night for contributing to West Ham’s 3-1 defeat at Arsenal.
Before West Ham took the lead at the Emirates, the Hammers should have been awarded a penalty when Gunners right back Bacary Sagna kicked Jarvis in the knee in the host’s box.
Instead of hitting the deck like most players would have done in the circumstance, Jarvis chose to stay on his feet after being fouled by the Frenchman. Consequently, West Ham were never awarded a penalty and the Irons’ supporters were left to grumble in the wind.
Gary Neville blasted the West Ham winger on Sky Sports:
He should have gone down. Well done, your team haven’t won a game.
You can either be an angel and do what Matt Jarvis did and get a pat on the back off his Nan when he goes home tonight, or he can win his team a penalty.
The referee won’t give it if you don’t go down. Sam [Allardyce] said it, if you don’t go down you don’t get a penalty. It’s a foul.
I suppose in some ways people can say ‘It’s disappointing to hear you say that Gary’ – well then, be disappointed because ultimately that’s the game.
- Ex-Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin laughs like a wierdo in Hulk’s latest viral video
- Arsenal v Chelsea: Watch a Live Stream of the Community Shield (available UK)
- Alexis Sanchez’s slow motion beach training videos are crying out for an ’8...
- Arsenal fan corrects Manchester United website over erroneous FA Cup record claim
- Santi Cazorla & Nicklas Bendtner had a great laugh together in tunnel before Emira...
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi