Gary Neville blames Matt Jarvis for not diving for West Ham at Arsenal, says he lost his team a penalty [Video]
It may not have been politically correct, but Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville tore into Matt Jarvis’ honesty on Tuesday night for contributing to West Ham’s 3-1 defeat at Arsenal.
Before West Ham took the lead at the Emirates, the Hammers should have been awarded a penalty when Gunners right back Bacary Sagna kicked Jarvis in the knee in the host’s box.
Instead of hitting the deck like most players would have done in the circumstance, Jarvis chose to stay on his feet after being fouled by the Frenchman. Consequently, West Ham were never awarded a penalty and the Irons’ supporters were left to grumble in the wind.
Gary Neville blasted the West Ham winger on Sky Sports:
He should have gone down. Well done, your team haven’t won a game.
You can either be an angel and do what Matt Jarvis did and get a pat on the back off his Nan when he goes home tonight, or he can win his team a penalty.
The referee won’t give it if you don’t go down. Sam [Allardyce] said it, if you don’t go down you don’t get a penalty. It’s a foul.
I suppose in some ways people can say ‘It’s disappointing to hear you say that Gary’ – well then, be disappointed because ultimately that’s the game.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez explains why he named his dogs Atom & Humber (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger literally laughs off rumour about Mesut Ozil (Video)December 9, 2016
- Olivier Giroud sits down to discuss his career highlights (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsenal starlet Iwobi talks about having Ozil and Sanchez as mentors [Guardian]December 9, 2016
- Gary Neville insists the Europa League is the reason for Manchester United’s woes [Tweets]November 27, 2016
- Gary Neville picks the best Arsenal XI he played againstNovember 17, 2016
- Gary Neville names his current best Man United XI, doesn’t include ZlatanNovember 14, 2016
- Gary Neville reveals secret to Sir Alex Ferguson’s success at Man United [MEN]November 12, 2016
- West Ham beat Spurs to sign Murat Saglam [Times]December 8, 2016
- West Ham to make January move for Man Utd’s Marouane Fellaini [Telegraph]December 7, 2016
- West Ham co-owner David Gold Trolled mercilessly over accidental Inbetweeners TweetDecember 6, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand jokes about how to stop Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez (video)December 4, 2016