Garth Crooks’ reasoning for including Wayne Rooney in his BBC Team of the Week is crazy
- December 2, 2013
BBC pundit Garth Crooks has focused plenty of people’s attentions on Monday after revealing his Premier League team of the week.
After Manchester United’s 2-2 draw at Tottenham on Sunday, Crooks found room in his XI for Wayne Rooney after his double against Spurs, however the talking-head’s reasoning for picking the United number 10 was not what you may have been expecting.
I was speaking to my uncle Ben on Saturday and said that Aaron Ramsey was almost certain to be the unanimous choice for footballer of the year. He took the glass of champagne out of my hand and said: ‘You mean Wayne Rooney, don’t you?’ I told him that he had made a very good point and promptly went home.
What a crackpot!
Watch Wayne Rooney’s individual highlights for Man UNited against Tottenham below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]