Garth Crooks’ reasoning for including Wayne Rooney in his BBC Team of the Week is crazy
- December 2, 2013
BBC pundit Garth Crooks has focused plenty of people’s attentions on Monday after revealing his Premier League team of the week.
After Manchester United’s 2-2 draw at Tottenham on Sunday, Crooks found room in his XI for Wayne Rooney after his double against Spurs, however the talking-head’s reasoning for picking the United number 10 was not what you may have been expecting.
I was speaking to my uncle Ben on Saturday and said that Aaron Ramsey was almost certain to be the unanimous choice for footballer of the year. He took the glass of champagne out of my hand and said: ‘You mean Wayne Rooney, don’t you?’ I told him that he had made a very good point and promptly went home.
What a crackpot!
Watch Wayne Rooney’s individual highlights for Man UNited against Tottenham below.
- Javier Hernandez told he can leave Man United [Best Tweets]
- Watch Tyler Blackett meet his new Celtic fans after his loan move from Man United (Videos)
- Done Deal: Man United & West Brom confirm Jonny Evans has moved to the Hawthorns (...
- Man United fans rip into Harry Kane after he fired another blank v Everton (Tweets)
- Daley Blind enjoying centre-half role, confident goals will come for Manchester United ...
- Dame Helen Mirren hates her ‘Rooney’ legs
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...