- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
- 11 Premier League clubs charge for children to be mascots, West Ham £600 package highest [Guardian]
- Nice! Arturo Vidal scored a classy goal for Juventus against Cagliari [Vine & Video]
- Kevin Strootman to Manchester United is on after AS Roma exit from Champions League [ESPN]
- FA ban Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli for one game and fine him £25,000 for Instagram post
Gareth Bale’s daughter is called AVB!
Yup, Gareth Bale’s 5-month old daughter’s name carries the same initials as Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas, as she is called:
Alba Violet Bale!
This was revealed by Jermain Defoe in the press conference ahead of the Europa League first leg clash with Inter Milan tonight.
The Spurs striker, just returning from injury, revealed on Wednesday that “He [Bale] has ‘little AVB’, little Alba. He came in the next day with all the pictures and he has loved it, and you can tell by how he’s playing. He’s a happy person. He has his daughter and that stability is important as a professional. He’s buzzing at the minute and I think it helps.”
Defoe, who has also just become a father, then revealed the banter that has been flying in the Tottenham dressing room: “Her middle name is Violet. I give him stick. Gaz is the first one to be on someone, giving them banter, so if you have a chance to get it back you have to take it.”
After their very public hug after Gareth Bale’s late winner at West Ham, Spurs fans will be hoping the fact his daughter is called AVB will keep the Welsh flyer at White Hart Lane for a few more years to come.
Andre Villas-Boas & Jermain Defoe preview the clash with Inter Milan on the first two videos below. Followed by Gareth Bale’s two stunning performances against the Nerazzurri in the Champions League two seasons ago.
- Updated: March 7, 2013