Gareth Bale’s 1st Real Madrid goal was very similar to David Beckham’s Los Blancos La Liga opener
- September 14, 2013
Gareth Bale emulated previous British wingers at Real Madrid in Laurie Cunningham and David Beckham by scoring on his debut for Real Madrid at Villarreal on Saturday evening.
Whilst Beckham scored in pre-season and then against Mallorca in the Spanish Super Cup, Goldenballs’ claimed the opener in the La Liga match against Real Betis on August 30, 2003.
And there were serious similarities between Bale’s first La Liga goal and the one scored by Beckham v Betis.
Both were set up by a fellow Galactico named Ronaldo, With Bale and Beckham coming in at the back post for the finish.
Compare both Bale and Beckham debut La Liga goals on the videos below.
- Feature: The shadow of Miami Marlins continues to loom over Beckham’s MLS stadium...
- Sky Sports randomly wonder if David Beckham’s halfway line goal was greatest PL g...
- David Beckham gets a new tattoo to celebrate Manchester United’s famous treble [I...
- Ex Man United & Real Madrid star David Beckham surprises family with $100,000 [Video]
- Effortlessly cool: Ex Man United star David Beckham catches ball at Wimbledon [Video]
- Steven Gerrard says he hopes to follow in David Beckham’s footsteps at LA Galaxy ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi