Gareth Bale wants to leave Spurs for Real Madrid, will tell chairman Daniel Levy [Marca]
- June 24, 2013
The Madrid-based press continue to churn out rumours about Gareth Bale’s future at Tottenham…
Today, Ulises Sanchez-Flor writes in Marca that Gareth Bale will tell Spurs chairman Daniel Levy that he wants to leave Tottenham when the pair sit down this summer.
This is the first time any publication has suggested Bale is unhappy at Tottenham and will agitate for a move.
With 69 days of the summer transfer window remaining, there are likely to be many stories about Gareth Bale going to Real Madrid and Marca suggest a meeting will happen this summer between Levy and Real Madrid president Florentino Perez.
Once Carlo Ancelotti is installed as new Real Madrid coach (likely to be on Wednesday this week) and the deal for Isco is completed, Real Madrid will turn their attentions to Bale.
Despite their excellent relationship, Marca believe Bale will tell Levy his wish to leave White Hart Lane for the Bernabeu over discussions on a new deal for the Welsh forward at the north London side.
Bale is reportedly keen to play for Real Madrid and will make a “sporting argument” as to why he should leave Spurs, chiefly due to the lack of Champions League football.
Nevertheless, despite all the above, Sanchez-Flor does admit that if Bale is told to stay at Tottenham, he will.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...