Gareth Bale tormented Rayo’s Anaitz Arbilla so badly the defender was left in tears after he was subbed
Rayo Vallaceno’s left back Anaitz Arbilla was in pieces when he was hauled off the pitch against Real Madrid on Saturday night.
After Real stormed into a 3-0 lead at the start of the second half, Rayo’s fall-guy was their 26-year-old defender Arbilla.
Arbilla’s job on the night was to try and contain Gareth Bale, who was deployed down the right hand side for Madrid, however the Rayo full-back failed miserably in his task as Bale set up goals for Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo either side of the break.
Having failed to do his job successfully, Arbilla was distraught when he was eventually removed from the pitch.
After heading off to the bench, a tearful Arbilla cloaked his face in a coat as the defender bawled his eyes out on the sidelines. It was all rather sad.
Watch Gareth Bale leave Rayo’s Anaitz Arbilla in tears below, while Bale’s individual highlights can be seen below also.
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid’s trip to Espanyol a potential banana skin as Ronaldo and Bale both outSeptember 17, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Marca]September 15, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s new Real Madrid contract will see him earn ‘Ronaldo-size wages’ [Guardian]September 14, 2016
- EA Sports Reveal Top 10 Best Shot Takers in FIFA 17September 11, 2016
- Massive substitution: Ronaldo not happy to be hauled off by Zidane [Tweets]September 24, 2016
- Jose Mourinho claims Real Madrid wanted him back to ‘clean out s**t people like Sergio Ramos’September 24, 2016
- Carlo Ancelotti told Zinedine Zidane to reject Bordeaux to stay at Real Madrid [Quotes]September 22, 2016
- Real Madrid’s winning run comes to an end v Villarreal (Official highlights video)September 22, 2016