Gareth Bale tormented Rayo’s Anaitz Arbilla so badly the defender was left in tears after he was subbed
Rayo Vallaceno’s left back Anaitz Arbilla was in pieces when he was hauled off the pitch against Real Madrid on Saturday night.
After Real stormed into a 3-0 lead at the start of the second half, Rayo’s fall-guy was their 26-year-old defender Arbilla.
Arbilla’s job on the night was to try and contain Gareth Bale, who was deployed down the right hand side for Madrid, however the Rayo full-back failed miserably in his task as Bale set up goals for Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo either side of the break.
Having failed to do his job successfully, Arbilla was distraught when he was eventually removed from the pitch.
After heading off to the bench, a tearful Arbilla cloaked his face in a coat as the defender bawled his eyes out on the sidelines. It was all rather sad.
Watch Gareth Bale leave Rayo’s Anaitz Arbilla in tears below, while Bale’s individual highlights can be seen below also.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale names the player who trains the best at Real Madrid – and no, it’s not Ronaldo (Video)October 14, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s new Real Madrid contact will include an astronomical release clause [Cadena Ser]October 13, 2016
- The Wales team photo prank got even more ridiculous pre Georgia gameOctober 9, 2016
- Gareth Bale tries and fails to play dumb over Wales’ prank team pictures (Video)October 8, 2016
- Incredible video of Cristiano Ronaldo’s rousing half-time speech in CL finalOctober 23, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo offends Buddhists on social mediaOctober 20, 2016