Gareth Bale to miss Real Madrid v Dortmund after getting two stitches to close a hole in his knee [Pictures]
Gareth Bale is all-but a certainty to miss Real Madrid’s Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund this week.
Bale was forced off the pitch against Real Sociedad on Saturday night when the 100 million euro man got hurt at the Estadio Municipal de Anoeta in San Sebastián.
Bale was caught by Sociedad’s Markel Bergara, and the former Tottenham man was left with a gaping hole in his right knee as a result.
The injury was a blow for Bale after he had scored a superb goal in the 4-0 away win.
After getting injured Bale was initially bandaged up on the sidelines, but after the game the left-footed wizard received two stitches to close up his wound.
Real Madrid head to Germany with a 3-nil result under their belt from the first leg.
See pictures of Gareth Bale’s latest injury below.
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid’s trip to Espanyol a potential banana skin as Ronaldo and Bale both outSeptember 17, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Marca]September 15, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s new Real Madrid contract will see him earn ‘Ronaldo-size wages’ [Guardian]September 14, 2016
- EA Sports Reveal Top 10 Best Shot Takers in FIFA 17September 11, 2016
- Mourinho’s sad story of Michael Essien’s time at Real MadridSeptember 25, 2016
- If it’s a battle between Zinedine Zidane v Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid fans back the manager [AS]September 25, 2016
- Real Madrid held at Las Palmas as Cristiano Ronaldo goes off in a huff (Official video)September 25, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mum reacts to Zinedine Zidane’s substitution on social mediaSeptember 25, 2016