Gareth Bale says free-kick goal v Galatasaray was “one of the best of my career”
“I am satisfied with the match and how the free-kick went. It is one of the best goals of my career. We showed character and team work to play a man short. There are no limits to what we can achieve in the competition. We have a great chance to win the Champions League this year.” – Gareth Bale.
For Gareth Bale, the free-kick he took in the 37th minute of Real Madrid’s 4-1 win over Galatasaray, could be a significant moment in his career.
So far at the Bernabeu Bale has played second fiddle to Cristiano Ronaldo when it comes to set piece duties.
With Ronaldo in the stands, out due to injury, Bale had free-kick taking duties to himself and duly scored a knuckle-ball free-kick that became somewhat of a trademark during his final season at Spurs.
Whether it was one of the best goals ever scored by Gareth Bale seems unlikely but it may well see him take a few more free-kicks when Ronaldo is on the pitch.
Below is a GIF of the Gareth Bale free-kick, followed by individual highlights of the Welshman’s display v Galatasaray.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals his career plans after football to FourFourTwoDecember 7, 2016
- Real Madrid defender Pepe posts his tax returns on InstagramDecember 7, 2016
- Neymar & Cristiano Ronaldo charge a fortune for their signatures [El Confidencial]December 7, 2016