- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Gareth Bale says free-kick goal v Galatasaray was “one of the best of my career”
- November 28, 2013
“I am satisfied with the match and how the free-kick went. It is one of the best goals of my career. We showed character and team work to play a man short. There are no limits to what we can achieve in the competition. We have a great chance to win the Champions League this year.” – Gareth Bale.
For Gareth Bale, the free-kick he took in the 37th minute of Real Madrid’s 4-1 win over Galatasaray, could be a significant moment in his career.
So far at the Bernabeu Bale has played second fiddle to Cristiano Ronaldo when it comes to set piece duties.
With Ronaldo in the stands, out due to injury, Bale had free-kick taking duties to himself and duly scored a knuckle-ball free-kick that became somewhat of a trademark during his final season at Spurs.
Whether it was one of the best goals ever scored by Gareth Bale seems unlikely but it may well see him take a few more free-kicks when Ronaldo is on the pitch.
Below is a GIF of the Gareth Bale free-kick, followed by individual highlights of the Welshman’s display v Galatasaray.