Gareth Bale says free-kick goal v Galatasaray was “one of the best of my career”
- November 28, 2013
“I am satisfied with the match and how the free-kick went. It is one of the best goals of my career. We showed character and team work to play a man short. There are no limits to what we can achieve in the competition. We have a great chance to win the Champions League this year.” – Gareth Bale.
For Gareth Bale, the free-kick he took in the 37th minute of Real Madrid’s 4-1 win over Galatasaray, could be a significant moment in his career.
So far at the Bernabeu Bale has played second fiddle to Cristiano Ronaldo when it comes to set piece duties.
With Ronaldo in the stands, out due to injury, Bale had free-kick taking duties to himself and duly scored a knuckle-ball free-kick that became somewhat of a trademark during his final season at Spurs.
Whether it was one of the best goals ever scored by Gareth Bale seems unlikely but it may well see him take a few more free-kicks when Ronaldo is on the pitch.
Below is a GIF of the Gareth Bale free-kick, followed by individual highlights of the Welshman’s display v Galatasaray.
- Get Over It: Wales FA post video of Gareth Bale’s goal against Belgium [Video]
- Dwight Yorke urges Real Madrid star Gareth Bale to join Man United [Sun]
- Welsh FA post video highlights of 1-0 win v Belgium, with great angles of Gareth Bale...
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale makes awesome Adidas promo with F2Fresstylers [Video]
- Michael Owen backs Gareth Bale to succeed at Real Madrid, needs to overcome shyness [Vi...
- Carlo Ancelotti was sacked from Real Madrid for substituting Gareth Bale [AS]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi