Gareth Bale picks up a left thigh problem in Real Madrid’s warm up against Getafe, Isco stars instead
- September 23, 2013
According to Marca, Sunday was Gareth Bale’s “broken dream”.
Real Madrid beat Getafe 4-1 on Sunday in La Liga, but the much of the pre-match hype was deflated minutes before kick-off as Gareth Bale pulled out of the team after picking up a thigh injury in the warm up.
As Bale ran around the Santiago Bernabeu pitch in preparation for what was expected to be his home debut, the Welshman was forced to retired himself from the contest after hurting his left leg while practicising his shooting.
While Bale’s injury is not thought to be too serious, Real’s medical staff took the decision to remove the $100 million man from the team and Isco was called upon as a last minute replacement.
Bales’ misfortune was Isco’s gain.
After joining from Malaga for £23m last summer, Isco showed why many Madrid fans considered the Spanish starlet to be their best acquisition in the summer as the midfielder stepped into the breach without fuss. The 21-year-old scored Real’s third of the night, and he was arguably the star performer for the hosts.
Footage of Gareth Bale in Real Madrid’s warm up against Getafe is below, together with Isco’s individual highlights from the game.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...