€120m Bale tells Spurs to keep your word & negotiate with Real Madrid [Marca & AS]
- July 26, 2013
According to Spanish paper Marca, Tottenham superstar Gareth Bale wants to leave White Hart Lane and head to Real Madrid.
For the umpteenth time this summer, Marca have splashed Bale’s face on their Friday front page, while today’s headline roars: “Keep your promise and negotiate with Madrid”
Inside the article, Marca deliver the following supposed quotes which Bale has told Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy:
You made me a promise. You promised me if we didn’t qualify for the Champions League and a good offer turned up you’d listen to it. Well that offer has arrived and I want to play for Real Madrid. So keep your word and negotiate.
I’m not interested in Manchester United or any other club. I only want to play for Real Madrid.
Marca go on to claim that Bale is ready to sign a massive six-year deal at Real Madrid, where he stands to earn €9-10 million in wages per season.
Not to be outdone, Marca’s rival paper AS also plant Bale’s face on their front page on Friday with the eye-popping headline “Gareth Bale costs €120,000,000.”
Whilst a copy of Marca’s front page can be seen above, the front page of AS can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]