Gareth Bale fails to show at Spurs training, Real Madrid will pay €200m in total for Welshman [Guardian]
- August 27, 2013
It’s set to be another turbulent day in the life of Gareth Bale.
After the Tottenham man returned from Spain amid reports that the Real Madrid-bound star was nursing a foot injury, Bale was supposed to return to Spurs training on Tuesday.
Sky Sports News and the Guardian, however, are claiming that Bale has proven a no-show.
Gareth Bale did not turn up for training at Spurs today with his £85m move to Real Madrid still waiting to be confirmed.
The Welshman had spent two days in Marbella, on Spain’s south coast, expecting to see the deal sorted out but flew back home on Monday without the transfer being resolved.
Bale’s camp had already worked out a package with Madrid that meant he would sign a six-year contract, with an annual salary close to €10m a year net, or £8.5m. That would take the cost of the total package for Madrid above €200m (£172m).
Should the information prove accurate, then Bale’s non-appearance at training would be widely interpreted as the player showing his determination not to play for Tottenham again to ensure his deal with Real is finalised.
Belief is that Real Madrid want to unveil Bale at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday, which if true would suggest that that deal with Tottenham will be completed on Tuesday in order to have enough time to put the event together.
Below is a Sky Sports News update on the Gareth Bale situation, along with a series of Tweets on today’s updates.
Gareth Bale 'furious and frustrated' at Tottenham's handling of transfer situation. (SkySports)
— indykaila News (@indykaila) August 27, 2013
Note to Bale. By stating you are 'furious and frustrated' with Levy, it will do one thing.Make Levy even more 'furious & frustrated'with you
— Duncan Ross (@duncanross10) August 27, 2013
'Furious and frustrated' has been used so many times by Sky Sports Sources! From Suarez to Rooney to Bale.
— Wayne (@TNCProject) August 27, 2013
I'm angry, confused, insulted, furious and frustrated with this transfer window.
— Massimo Marioni (@MassMarioni) August 27, 2013
Gareth Bale: unhappy, disappointed, furious and frustrated. Maybe he should have just declined last year's pay rise/stay of execution.
— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) August 27, 2013
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- BT Sport try to convince Bale and The Ox to change squad numbers in new UCL advert (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo was angry about Gareth Bale again, during Roma defeat [video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo & Gareth Bale score with Aussie Rules ball on Real Madrid’...
- Benitez avoids labelling Cristiano Ronaldo as The Best in the World, puts Bale in the s...
- Real Madrid fans serenade a miserable Gareth Bale with Happy Birthday tune [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi