Gareth Bale fails to show at Spurs training, Real Madrid will pay €200m in total for Welshman [Guardian]
- August 27, 2013
It’s set to be another turbulent day in the life of Gareth Bale.
After the Tottenham man returned from Spain amid reports that the Real Madrid-bound star was nursing a foot injury, Bale was supposed to return to Spurs training on Tuesday.
Sky Sports News and the Guardian, however, are claiming that Bale has proven a no-show.
Gareth Bale did not turn up for training at Spurs today with his £85m move to Real Madrid still waiting to be confirmed.
The Welshman had spent two days in Marbella, on Spain’s south coast, expecting to see the deal sorted out but flew back home on Monday without the transfer being resolved.
Bale’s camp had already worked out a package with Madrid that meant he would sign a six-year contract, with an annual salary close to €10m a year net, or £8.5m. That would take the cost of the total package for Madrid above €200m (£172m).
Should the information prove accurate, then Bale’s non-appearance at training would be widely interpreted as the player showing his determination not to play for Tottenham again to ensure his deal with Real is finalised.
Belief is that Real Madrid want to unveil Bale at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday, which if true would suggest that that deal with Tottenham will be completed on Tuesday in order to have enough time to put the event together.
Below is a Sky Sports News update on the Gareth Bale situation, along with a series of Tweets on today’s updates.
Gareth Bale 'furious and frustrated' at Tottenham's handling of transfer situation. (SkySports)
— indykaila News (@indykaila) August 27, 2013
Note to Bale. By stating you are 'furious and frustrated' with Levy, it will do one thing.Make Levy even more 'furious & frustrated'with you
— Duncan Ross (@duncanross10) August 27, 2013
'Furious and frustrated' has been used so many times by Sky Sports Sources! From Suarez to Rooney to Bale.
— Wayne (@TNCProject) August 27, 2013
I'm angry, confused, insulted, furious and frustrated with this transfer window.
— Massimo Marioni (@MassMarioni) August 27, 2013
Gareth Bale: unhappy, disappointed, furious and frustrated. Maybe he should have just declined last year's pay rise/stay of execution.
— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) August 27, 2013
- Bale & James bag braces as Real Madrid smash Real Betis 5-1 (Highlights)
- Gareth Bale gives first ever Spanish interview with 3 sentences learned by heart (Video)
- Gareth Bale arrives at Real Madrid training in a chauffeur-driven Porsche 911 Classic (...
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale wins at Life with Slo-Mo Swimming Pool Scissors Kick (V...
- No place for Gareth Bale in Real Madrid fans’ Starting XI [MARCA Survey]
- Fail: Real Madrid star Gareth Bale & his friends take dizzy penalties (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...