Gareth Bale fails to show at Spurs training, Real Madrid will pay €200m in total for Welshman [Guardian]
It’s set to be another turbulent day in the life of Gareth Bale.
After the Tottenham man returned from Spain amid reports that the Real Madrid-bound star was nursing a foot injury, Bale was supposed to return to Spurs training on Tuesday.
Sky Sports News and the Guardian, however, are claiming that Bale has proven a no-show.
Gareth Bale did not turn up for training at Spurs today with his £85m move to Real Madrid still waiting to be confirmed.
The Welshman had spent two days in Marbella, on Spain’s south coast, expecting to see the deal sorted out but flew back home on Monday without the transfer being resolved.
Bale’s camp had already worked out a package with Madrid that meant he would sign a six-year contract, with an annual salary close to €10m a year net, or £8.5m. That would take the cost of the total package for Madrid above €200m (£172m).
Should the information prove accurate, then Bale’s non-appearance at training would be widely interpreted as the player showing his determination not to play for Tottenham again to ensure his deal with Real is finalised.
Belief is that Real Madrid want to unveil Bale at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday, which if true would suggest that that deal with Tottenham will be completed on Tuesday in order to have enough time to put the event together.
Below is a Sky Sports News update on the Gareth Bale situation, along with a series of Tweets on today’s updates.
Gareth Bale 'furious and frustrated' at Tottenham's handling of transfer situation. (SkySports)
— indykaila News (@indykaila) August 27, 2013
Note to Bale. By stating you are 'furious and frustrated' with Levy, it will do one thing.Make Levy even more 'furious & frustrated'with you
— Duncan Ross (@duncanross10) August 27, 2013
'Furious and frustrated' has been used so many times by Sky Sports Sources! From Suarez to Rooney to Bale.
— Wayne (@TNCProject) August 27, 2013
I'm angry, confused, insulted, furious and frustrated with this transfer window.
— Massimo Marioni (@MassMarioni) August 27, 2013
Gareth Bale: unhappy, disappointed, furious and frustrated. Maybe he should have just declined last year's pay rise/stay of execution.
— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) August 27, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale & Emma Rhys-Jones share happy news on InstagramJuly 17, 2016
- Euro 2016 Best XI: Cristiano Ronaldo, Arsenal & Liverpool stars make cut, but not Gareth BaleJuly 11, 2016
- Gareth Bale tweets about Cristiano Ronaldo’s injury during Euro 2016 finalJuly 10, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals what he said to Gareth Bale after Portugal v WalesJuly 7, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016
- Meunier at the double as PSG ease past Real Madrid 3-1 (Videos)July 28, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slams the media on Instagram for his supposed Real Madrid obsessionJuly 27, 2016
- Man United target Paul Pogba urges fans not to believe the newspapers (Video)July 27, 2016
- Arsenal Troll Spurs after beating the MLS All StarsJuly 29, 2016
- Spurs winger Erik Lamela destroys a soul with a stunning nutmeg in training (Video)July 27, 2016
- Juventus 2 – Tottenham 1: Erik Lamela scores in defeat (Official Videos)July 26, 2016
- Spurs to send Nabil Bentaleb to Benfica [Record]July 24, 2016