Gareth Bale booked for diving v Inter Milan: Correct decision?
- March 7, 2013
When Gareth Bale scored his 11th goal in 9 games (for Spurs & Wales) with a header against Inter Milan it seemed yet again that nothing can stop the Welsh flyer.
Until, just nine minutes after his 6th minute Tottenham opener, Gareth Bale was booked and will be suspended for the second leg at the San Siro next week.
Spanish referee Antonio Mateu seemed absolutely certain Bale had dived and flashed the yellow card despite the Spurs star protesting his innocence and claiming he was clipped by an Inter defender.
Whilst Bale has been a serial offender for diving in the Premier League this season, picking up a suspension – the only game he has missed – for a dive at Sunderland – in the Europa League it has been a different story.
Bale’s previous two booking against Maribor and Panathinaikos for dissent and unsporting behaviour respectively.
So, did Bale dive against Inter Milan and deserve a booking? Or, was he yet again the victim of his own reputation?
GIF above & video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...