- DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders) talks about his upcoming move to Spurs [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers potential sacking “not even a talking point” for Liverpool owners [BBC]
- Amazing spinning backheel golazo by Algerian U12 player v South Africa [GIF]
- Double panna! Leverkusen’s Karim Bellarabi nutmegged 2 players with 1 pass [Official Video]
- Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard & Martin Skrtel won 0% of their tackles in 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace
Gareth Bale booked for diving v Inter Milan: Correct decision?
When Gareth Bale scored his 11th goal in 9 games (for Spurs & Wales) with a header against Inter Milan it seemed yet again that nothing can stop the Welsh flyer.
Until, just nine minutes after his 6th minute Tottenham opener, Gareth Bale was booked and will be suspended for the second leg at the San Siro next week.
Spanish referee Antonio Mateu seemed absolutely certain Bale had dived and flashed the yellow card despite the Spurs star protesting his innocence and claiming he was clipped by an Inter defender.
Whilst Bale has been a serial offender for diving in the Premier League this season, picking up a suspension – the only game he has missed – for a dive at Sunderland – in the Europa League it has been a different story.
Bale’s previous two booking against Maribor and Panathinaikos for dissent and unsporting behaviour respectively.
So, did Bale dive against Inter Milan and deserve a booking? Or, was he yet again the victim of his own reputation?
GIF above & video below.
- Updated: March 7, 2013