Gareth Bale booked for diving v Inter Milan: Correct decision?
- March 7, 2013
When Gareth Bale scored his 11th goal in 9 games (for Spurs & Wales) with a header against Inter Milan it seemed yet again that nothing can stop the Welsh flyer.
Until, just nine minutes after his 6th minute Tottenham opener, Gareth Bale was booked and will be suspended for the second leg at the San Siro next week.
Spanish referee Antonio Mateu seemed absolutely certain Bale had dived and flashed the yellow card despite the Spurs star protesting his innocence and claiming he was clipped by an Inter defender.
Whilst Bale has been a serial offender for diving in the Premier League this season, picking up a suspension – the only game he has missed – for a dive at Sunderland – in the Europa League it has been a different story.
Bale’s previous two booking against Maribor and Panathinaikos for dissent and unsporting behaviour respectively.
So, did Bale dive against Inter Milan and deserve a booking? Or, was he yet again the victim of his own reputation?
GIF above & video below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...