Gareth Bale after hat-trick v Valladolid: “I’m almost 100%”
Unsurprisingly, Gareth Bale adorns the front cover of Marca on Sunday with his famous heart goal celebration after a stunning hat-trick in Real Madrid’s 4-0 win over Valladolid. (See picture below.)
The Welsh forward was in scintillating form, scoring the first, setting up the second with a brilliant cross for Karim Benzema and then notching two further goals in the 4-0 rout.
Bale spoke to Real Madrid TV after the game and was delighted but still not quite ready to speak in Spanish in front of the TV cameras.
He said: “I feel part of the team and am enjoying my time here, my team mates have made it easier and all have supported me.”
Surprisingly, Bale admitted he is still not quite fully fit, after barely playing in pre-season and after suffering injuries in the early weeks of the campaign.
Bale: “I’m almost 100%, but I have to keep working. On Cristiano Ronaldo, the former Spurs forward added: “He is the very best but I felt no more pressure since he wasn’t playing.”
Finally, Bale told Real Madrid TV: “It was a special moment for me to score my first hat-trick at the Bernabeu. It was nice to score but I also have to thank my team mates. It was a pleasure.”
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Incredible Sergio Ramos does it again: Real Madrid beat Deportivo in the 92nd minute [Tweets]December 10, 2016
- Real Madrid bad boy Pepe punched Ryan Babel in the gutDecember 10, 2016
- Nacho trolled Alvaro Morata after he scored for Real Madrid regarding his recent viral videoDecember 10, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo takes his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez to watch Real Madrid v DeportivoDecember 10, 2016