- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
Gareth Bale after hat-trick v Valladolid: “I’m almost 100%”
- December 1, 2013
Unsurprisingly, Gareth Bale adorns the front cover of Marca on Sunday with his famous heart goal celebration after a stunning hat-trick in Real Madrid’s 4-0 win over Valladolid. (See picture below.)
The Welsh forward was in scintillating form, scoring the first, setting up the second with a brilliant cross for Karim Benzema and then notching two further goals in the 4-0 rout.
Bale spoke to Real Madrid TV after the game and was delighted but still not quite ready to speak in Spanish in front of the TV cameras.
He said: “I feel part of the team and am enjoying my time here, my team mates have made it easier and all have supported me.”
Surprisingly, Bale admitted he is still not quite fully fit, after barely playing in pre-season and after suffering injuries in the early weeks of the campaign.
Bale: “I’m almost 100%, but I have to keep working. On Cristiano Ronaldo, the former Spurs forward added: “He is the very best but I felt no more pressure since he wasn’t playing.”
Finally, Bale told Real Madrid TV: “It was a special moment for me to score my first hat-trick at the Bernabeu. It was nice to score but I also have to thank my team mates. It was a pleasure.”