Gareth Bale after hat-trick v Valladolid: “I’m almost 100%”
Unsurprisingly, Gareth Bale adorns the front cover of Marca on Sunday with his famous heart goal celebration after a stunning hat-trick in Real Madrid’s 4-0 win over Valladolid. (See picture below.)
The Welsh forward was in scintillating form, scoring the first, setting up the second with a brilliant cross for Karim Benzema and then notching two further goals in the 4-0 rout.
Bale spoke to Real Madrid TV after the game and was delighted but still not quite ready to speak in Spanish in front of the TV cameras.
He said: “I feel part of the team and am enjoying my time here, my team mates have made it easier and all have supported me.”
Surprisingly, Bale admitted he is still not quite fully fit, after barely playing in pre-season and after suffering injuries in the early weeks of the campaign.
Bale: “I’m almost 100%, but I have to keep working. On Cristiano Ronaldo, the former Spurs forward added: “He is the very best but I felt no more pressure since he wasn’t playing.”
Finally, Bale told Real Madrid TV: “It was a special moment for me to score my first hat-trick at the Bernabeu. It was nice to score but I also have to thank my team mates. It was a pleasure.”
Watch Live Stream
- Carlo Ancelotti reveals how Gareth Bale’s agent went behind his back at Real Madrid [Quotes]May 17th, 2016
- Real Madrid President to lobby for Gareth Bale to win Ballon D’Or over Cristiano Ronaldo [S...May 6th, 2016
- Gareth Bale showed he has two good feet firing Real Madrid ahead v Man City (Official Video)May 4th, 2016
- Gareth Bale’s bald patch exposed by rain at Real SociedadApril 30th, 2016
- Karim Benzema pulls off brilliant assist in Real Madrid training (video)May 25th, 2016
- Jose Mourinho makes Karim Benzema priority target at Manchester United [Independent]May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal have offered €60m to Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata [TuttoSport]May 25th, 2016
- Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane ruled out of Euro 2016 with injuryMay 24th, 2016