Galatasaray fans were battered by Spanish riot police after the Real Madrid game
- April 4, 2013
Spanish police getting physical. Where have we heard that before.
Away from the goings on on the pitch during Real Madrid v Galatasaray on Wednesday, a large group of Turkish supporters walked away from the Santiago Bernabeu with cuts and bruises after angry post match fights with police.
Whilst it is unknown which side struck first, the riot police’s retaliation was undoubtedly the more severe.
Galatasaray fans were sent running like mice as they were confronted by by baton-wielding policeman as they filed out the ground. That created an immediately hostile atmosphere, which resulted in running battles between the Turkish fans (some of whom were filmed throwing missiles) and police on the public streets of Madrid.
Watch footage of Galatasaray fans getting battered by Spanish riot police below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...