Gaetano Berardi claimed the most obvious red card for Leeds v Accrington Stanley
There's going in with two feet off the ground, and then there's Leeds United's Gaetano Berardi tonight: https://t.co/opdtqKdnbX
— Football Clichés (@FootballCliches) August 12, 2014
“I am disappointed in him and for him because his tackle was reckless. It was dangerous play and he has to learn. He got tired and when that happened he made a poor decision. He has been punished for it, quite rightly.” – Leeds boss David Hockaday.
Swiss right back Gaetano Berardi made his debut for Leeds on Tuesday evening, and it was a night to forget despite the fact the home side won 2-1 against Accrington Stanley in the Capital One Cup.
On 89 minutes, Berardi put in one of the most reckless challenges you have ever seen leaving referee Richard Clark absolutely no choice but to hand out a red card.
Judging by his career stats, we may well see more of these types of “tackles” from Berardi as he has picked up a fair few yellow cards in his short career.
A selection of Tweets on Gaetano Berardi’s sending off against Accrington Stanley for Leeds can be seen below.
In love with Berardi already hahaha pic.twitter.com/YNsPAGckYZ
— Michael (@BentleyGK1) August 13, 2014
— Christopher Ellis (@c_ellis92) August 12, 2014
I see bellusci and berardi will fit straight in with tackles like these! pic.twitter.com/7gPPDsi08B
— matty shay (@matty_shay) August 12, 2014
Berardi hates accrington Stanley as he doesn't like milk. pic.twitter.com/zaghrujOMh
— Craig Taylor (@oliverslufcarmy) August 12, 2014
- Uwe Rosler gives his 1st interview since becoming Leeds United’s 5th manager in 1...
- Former Leeds man Lucas Radebe reveals why he turned down Manchester United [Video]
- Rotherham manager Steve Evans turns up at Leeds in shorts and sombrero [Video]
- Wolves v Leeds: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Wesley Sneijder promotes Galatasaray knife set on anniversary of Leeds fans stabbings
- Red Bull are in advanced talks to buy Leeds in £60 million deal [Mirror]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
YOU MAY ALSO TRY SEARCHING
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Real Madrid chief Florentino Perez meets with PSG owners in Qatar to discuss the sale o...
- The saddest selfie: Chile mascot bags picture with Leo Messi after Argentina defeat [vi...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won Chile the Copa America with a glorious penalty [Videos]
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Man United set to offer Real Madrid target David De Gea new contract; player likely to ...
- Man United’s Angel Di Maria set to miss start of Premier League season [Star]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]