Funny! Belgian Queen congratulates Romelu Lukaku on scoring winner v Russia!
- June 23, 2014
We know the Belgium squad met the king and queen of their country after beating Russia 1-0 as there were no shortage of Selfies on social media!
The Belgium press have picked up on an amusing and very awkward moment for Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku when he met Queen Mathilda.
She says to Lukaku: “Bravo, thanks to your goal, we won, right?”
To which Lukaku quickly replies that it was in fact 19-year-old striker Divock Origi who had replaced him up front in the 57th minute.
Lukaku struggled against Russia and appeared disappointed when he was taken off. Queen Mathilda may well have thrown some more salt on the wounds!
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]