Fulham should sign Brondby’s beanpole striker Simon Makienok in January for €4m [BT.dk]
- December 31, 2013
Danish website BT.dk have announced on Tuesday that Fulham are in pole position to sign Brondby striker Simon Makienok in January.
Makienok, 23-years-old, has scored 28 in 60 for Brondby since 2012, and the attacker has received six caps for Denmark although he has yet to score on the international stage.
Brondby director Per Rud recently commented on rumours linking the striker to the Premier League, saying:
There is attention from England. It depends on what is put on the table and whether the offer interests Simon.
Now it seems that Fulham are set to beat off competition from the likes of Crystal Palace to land the 6ft 7in striker. René Meulensteen appears to have got the edge of his rivals due to his personal connections with Brondby, as it’s a club the Dutch coach managed back in 2006-7.
Makienok is set to cost €4m.
Video evidence of Simon Makienok in action is below.
- Rumours fly that Aston Villa are about to sign Brøndby keeper Lukas Hradecky. They seem...
- Ex-Liverpool star Daniel Agger tattoos Brondby’s crest in the centre of a fanR...
- Brondby’s ladies team take a bare bottom group snap after winning at the weekend ...
- Wow! Brondby fans amazing welcome home for ex-Liverpool man Daniel Agger [Videos]
- Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard says farewell to Brondby-bound Daniel Agger on Instagram
- Philippe Coutinho turns on the style in Liverpool’s pre-season friendly against B...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi