- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Fulham should sign Brondby’s beanpole striker Simon Makienok in January for €4m [BT.dk]
Danish website BT.dk have announced on Tuesday that Fulham are in pole position to sign Brondby striker Simon Makienok in January.
Makienok, 23-years-old, has scored 28 in 60 for Brondby since 2012, and the attacker has received six caps for Denmark although he has yet to score on the international stage.
Brondby director Per Rud recently commented on rumours linking the striker to the Premier League, saying:
There is attention from England. It depends on what is put on the table and whether the offer interests Simon.
Now it seems that Fulham are set to beat off competition from the likes of Crystal Palace to land the 6ft 7in striker. René Meulensteen appears to have got the edge of his rivals due to his personal connections with Brondby, as it’s a club the Dutch coach managed back in 2006-7.
Makienok is set to cost €4m.
Video evidence of Simon Makienok in action is below.
- Updated: December 31, 2013