From Champions League to Championship! Sami Hyypia becomes new Brighton boss
- June 6, 2014
Former Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has been appointed as the new boss of Championship side Brighton on a three year deal.
The 40 year old manager is only fresh on the coaching scene but this job may be seen by some as a massive step down considering Hyypia was last in charge at Bayer Leverkusen in Germany.
The Finnish manager was appointed as Leverkusen boss in 2012 and enjoyed a good first season but results took a turn for the worse last season, despite clinching a Champions League place and making it to the last 16 of last season’s campaign, Leverkusen were embarrassed on more than one occasion in Europe.
So Hyypia has decided to take on a job at Brighton, a club where the style of play is respected and where coaches have gone on to better things, like Gus Poyet.
Is it a good move for his career?
Watch Live Stream
- Cologne v Bayer Leverkusen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-10April 5th, 2016
- Bayer Leverkusen left-back Wendell wants to be Marcelo’s apprentice at Real Madrid [Quotes]March 12th, 2016
- Man United post interest in a Bayer Leverkusen defender [Kicker]March 6th, 2016
- Leverkusen v Dortmund held up for 10 minutes as the ref walks off (Video + Tweets)February 21st, 2016
- Sheffield Wednesday v Brighton: Championship playoff preview, live streaming & predicted lin...May 13th, 2016
- Middlesbrough secure Premier League promotion with a 1-1 draw v Brighton (Official highlights)May 8th, 2016
- Middlesbrough v Brighton: Championship preview, live streaming & predicted line upsMay 6th, 2016
- Man United youngster James Wilson is a nominee for Brighton’s GOYT award (Video)April 16th, 2016