From Champions League to Championship! Sami Hyypia becomes new Brighton boss
- June 6, 2014
Former Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has been appointed as the new boss of Championship side Brighton on a three year deal.
The 40 year old manager is only fresh on the coaching scene but this job may be seen by some as a massive step down considering Hyypia was last in charge at Bayer Leverkusen in Germany.
The Finnish manager was appointed as Leverkusen boss in 2012 and enjoyed a good first season but results took a turn for the worse last season, despite clinching a Champions League place and making it to the last 16 of last season’s campaign, Leverkusen were embarrassed on more than one occasion in Europe.
So Hyypia has decided to take on a job at Brighton, a club where the style of play is respected and where coaches have gone on to better things, like Gus Poyet.
Is it a good move for his career?
Watch Live Stream
- Tottenham tipped to buy one of the best free-kick specialists in world football [Bild]August 24, 2016
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez hints that he could leave Bayer Leverkusen this summer [Quotes]August 4, 2016
- Rumour: Arsenal turn to former Man United striker Chicharito [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Cologne v Bayer Leverkusen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-10April 5, 2016
- Brighton v Nottingham Forest: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-12August 8, 2016
- Sheffield Wednesday v Brighton: Championship playoff preview, live streaming & predicted line upsMay 13, 2016
- Middlesbrough secure Premier League promotion with a 1-1 draw v Brighton (Official highlights)May 8, 2016
- Middlesbrough v Brighton: Championship preview, live streaming & predicted line upsMay 6, 2016