From Champions League to Championship! Sami Hyypia becomes new Brighton boss
- June 6, 2014
Former Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has been appointed as the new boss of Championship side Brighton on a three year deal.
The 40 year old manager is only fresh on the coaching scene but this job may be seen by some as a massive step down considering Hyypia was last in charge at Bayer Leverkusen in Germany.
The Finnish manager was appointed as Leverkusen boss in 2012 and enjoyed a good first season but results took a turn for the worse last season, despite clinching a Champions League place and making it to the last 16 of last season’s campaign, Leverkusen were embarrassed on more than one occasion in Europe.
So Hyypia has decided to take on a job at Brighton, a club where the style of play is respected and where coaches have gone on to better things, like Gus Poyet.
Is it a good move for his career?
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...