From Champions League to Championship! Sami Hyypia becomes new Brighton boss
- June 6, 2014
Former Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has been appointed as the new boss of Championship side Brighton on a three year deal.
The 40 year old manager is only fresh on the coaching scene but this job may be seen by some as a massive step down considering Hyypia was last in charge at Bayer Leverkusen in Germany.
The Finnish manager was appointed as Leverkusen boss in 2012 and enjoyed a good first season but results took a turn for the worse last season, despite clinching a Champions League place and making it to the last 16 of last season’s campaign, Leverkusen were embarrassed on more than one occasion in Europe.
So Hyypia has decided to take on a job at Brighton, a club where the style of play is respected and where coaches have gone on to better things, like Gus Poyet.
Is it a good move for his career?
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich v Bayer Leverkusen: Watch a live stream of the Bundesliga matchNovember 25, 2016
- Most hated team in the Bundesliga has their bus pelted with paint by Leverkusen fans [Pictures]November 18, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand believes Javier Hernandez would thrive at Tottenham or ArsenalNovember 2, 2016
- Tottenham vs Bayer Leverkusen [Team Sheets]November 2, 2016
- Brighton v Leeds: Watch a live stream of the Championship matchDecember 5, 2016
- Brighton v Aston Villa: Watch a live stream of the Championship matchNovember 18, 2016
- Steve Sidwell scores from the halfway line for Brighton v Bristol City (video)November 5, 2016
- Glenn Murray bags a hat-trick as Brighton crush Norwich 5-0 (official video)October 30, 2016