Friday’s back pages batter Arsenal: Wenger’s nightmare & it’s all Gunn wrong
- August 29, 2013
The back pages of Friday’s Daily Telegraph, Sun, Times and Daily Express all lay the Arsene Wenger criticism on thick.
With just Yaya Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini to show for Arsenal’s efforts this summer, and Tottenham spending heavily down the road, Friday’s Champions League draw made the Gunners task this season even harder.
A Champions League group involving Borussia Dortmund, Napoli and Marseille looks extremely difficult to negotiate, especially if Wenger is unable to bring in any more signings.
All this doom and gloom seems a bit over the top. Expect a fighting performance from Arsenal on Sunday in the north London derby.
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Aleksandar Mitrović’s pre-Arsenal interview is quite funny in retrospect (Video)
- Wenger post-Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: optimistic of making late transfer deal (Video)
- Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s knee injury, Koscielny’s return (Best Tw...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...