- Amazing! Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli portrait painted with a football [Video]
- Golazo! Oxford United’s James Roberts (18) scores brilliant late winner v Plymouth [GIF]
- Busted! Blackpool’s Jacob Murphy sent this snapchat before their match v Rotherham [Picture]
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic killed a 500 pound moose with his first shot hunting in Sweden [Expressen]
- The best goals of 2014: Valencia CF [Official video]
#FreeShinji: David Moyes says he had to make straight choice between Nani & Kagawa on the bench
Manchester United were beaten for the first time this season at Anfield, losing 1-0 to long-time rivals Liverpool.
A talking point before kick-off was Shinji Kagawa’s exclusion from the entire match squad, despite Wayne Rooney’s injury.
The Japanese play-a-maker is yet to start in a competitive match under David Moyes and fans of Borussia Dortmund recently started a Twitter campaign to FreeShinji.
Asked about Kagawa’s exclusion in his post-match press conference, David Moyes explained that he had to make a straight choice between Kagawa and Nani for a place on the bench.
Although this makes a little more sense, as Nani is more of an ‘impact player’, it is a true shame to see a talented footballer like Shinji Kagawa receiving such little playing time.
Could a deadline day loan move back to Dortmund be on the cards? Doubtful.
Moyes was also asked about Kagawa. #MUFC boss says he had to make a straight choice between Nani/Kagawa for place on bench.
— Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) September 1, 2013
- Updated: September 1, 2013