#FreeShinji: David Moyes says he had to make straight choice between Nani & Kagawa on the bench
- September 1, 2013
Manchester United were beaten for the first time this season at Anfield, losing 1-0 to long-time rivals Liverpool.
A talking point before kick-off was Shinji Kagawa’s exclusion from the entire match squad, despite Wayne Rooney’s injury.
The Japanese play-a-maker is yet to start in a competitive match under David Moyes and fans of Borussia Dortmund recently started a Twitter campaign to FreeShinji.
Asked about Kagawa’s exclusion in his post-match press conference, David Moyes explained that he had to make a straight choice between Kagawa and Nani for a place on the bench.
Although this makes a little more sense, as Nani is more of an ‘impact player’, it is a true shame to see a talented footballer like Shinji Kagawa receiving such little playing time.
Could a deadline day loan move back to Dortmund be on the cards? Doubtful.
Moyes was also asked about Kagawa. #MUFC boss says he had to make a straight choice between Nani/Kagawa for place on bench.
— Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) September 1, 2013
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...