#FreeShinji: David Moyes says he had to make straight choice between Nani & Kagawa on the bench
- September 1, 2013
Manchester United were beaten for the first time this season at Anfield, losing 1-0 to long-time rivals Liverpool.
A talking point before kick-off was Shinji Kagawa’s exclusion from the entire match squad, despite Wayne Rooney’s injury.
The Japanese play-a-maker is yet to start in a competitive match under David Moyes and fans of Borussia Dortmund recently started a Twitter campaign to FreeShinji.
Asked about Kagawa’s exclusion in his post-match press conference, David Moyes explained that he had to make a straight choice between Kagawa and Nani for a place on the bench.
Although this makes a little more sense, as Nani is more of an ‘impact player’, it is a true shame to see a talented footballer like Shinji Kagawa receiving such little playing time.
Could a deadline day loan move back to Dortmund be on the cards? Doubtful.
Moyes was also asked about Kagawa. #MUFC boss says he had to make a straight choice between Nani/Kagawa for place on bench.
— Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) September 1, 2013
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Watch how David Moyes & Unai Emery reacted to Real Sociedad 4 – Sevilla 3 [v...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi