- A defender in Sweden headbutts the crossbar after conceding a goal [Videos]
- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
Franck Ribery: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or”
- November 14, 2013
We can’t claim to know Franck Ribery personally, but there are many who describe the French winger as a loveable rogue who enjoys nothing more than a few jokes and a wind up.
As a result, Ribery’s interview with L’Equipe, published Thursday, should probably be taken with a pinch of salt as the Bayrn Munich playmaker has come out with a pretty good one liner on his prospects of winning the Ballon d’Or.
Ribery said: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or. I try not to think about it. But she thinks about it a lot. Everyone at Bayern Munich thinks I will win it.”
He adds that he is most deserving of the Ballon d’Or due to the trophies won with Bayern Munich and he is the most deserving of all players from the Bundesliga champions.
“It’s what I’ve done on the field , what I have done to get back to my best thanks to daily professionalism and the trophies that I have won,” argued the Frenchman.
Ribery also elaborates how he has concentrated on reaching the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in 2013.
Adding that he was “very consistent” over the calendar year. The Ballon d’Or will be awarded on January 14, 2014.