- Man City star Sergio Aguero celebrates incredible hat-trick v Bayern on Instagram
- Man City captain Vincent Kompany laughs at “our special player” Sergio Aguero in post-match interview [Video]
- Jose Mourinho didn’t want to discuss Di Matteo pre-Schalke 0 – Chelsea 5 [Video]
- Manchester United asst manager Ryan Giggs: ‘Louis van Gaal’s been great with me’ [Video]
- Stunning Aguero hat-trick saves Man City blushes in 3-2 win over 10 man Bayern Munich [Best Tweets]
Franck Ribery: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or”
We can’t claim to know Franck Ribery personally, but there are many who describe the French winger as a loveable rogue who enjoys nothing more than a few jokes and a wind up.
As a result, Ribery’s interview with L’Equipe, published Thursday, should probably be taken with a pinch of salt as the Bayrn Munich playmaker has come out with a pretty good one liner on his prospects of winning the Ballon d’Or.
Ribery said: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or. I try not to think about it. But she thinks about it a lot. Everyone at Bayern Munich thinks I will win it.”
He adds that he is most deserving of the Ballon d’Or due to the trophies won with Bayern Munich and he is the most deserving of all players from the Bundesliga champions.
“It’s what I’ve done on the field , what I have done to get back to my best thanks to daily professionalism and the trophies that I have won,” argued the Frenchman.
Ribery also elaborates how he has concentrated on reaching the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in 2013.
Adding that he was “very consistent” over the calendar year. The Ballon d’Or will be awarded on January 14, 2014.
- Updated: November 14, 2013