- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Franck Ribery: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or”
We can’t claim to know Franck Ribery personally, but there are many who describe the French winger as a loveable rogue who enjoys nothing more than a few jokes and a wind up.
As a result, Ribery’s interview with L’Equipe, published Thursday, should probably be taken with a pinch of salt as the Bayrn Munich playmaker has come out with a pretty good one liner on his prospects of winning the Ballon d’Or.
Ribery said: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or. I try not to think about it. But she thinks about it a lot. Everyone at Bayern Munich thinks I will win it.”
He adds that he is most deserving of the Ballon d’Or due to the trophies won with Bayern Munich and he is the most deserving of all players from the Bundesliga champions.
“It’s what I’ve done on the field , what I have done to get back to my best thanks to daily professionalism and the trophies that I have won,” argued the Frenchman.
Ribery also elaborates how he has concentrated on reaching the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in 2013.
Adding that he was “very consistent” over the calendar year. The Ballon d’Or will be awarded on January 14, 2014.
- Updated: November 14, 2013