Franck Ribery: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or”
- November 14, 2013
We can’t claim to know Franck Ribery personally, but there are many who describe the French winger as a loveable rogue who enjoys nothing more than a few jokes and a wind up.
As a result, Ribery’s interview with L’Equipe, published Thursday, should probably be taken with a pinch of salt as the Bayrn Munich playmaker has come out with a pretty good one liner on his prospects of winning the Ballon d’Or.
Ribery said: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or. I try not to think about it. But she thinks about it a lot. Everyone at Bayern Munich thinks I will win it.”
He adds that he is most deserving of the Ballon d’Or due to the trophies won with Bayern Munich and he is the most deserving of all players from the Bundesliga champions.
“It’s what I’ve done on the field , what I have done to get back to my best thanks to daily professionalism and the trophies that I have won,” argued the Frenchman.
Ribery also elaborates how he has concentrated on reaching the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in 2013.
Adding that he was “very consistent” over the calendar year. The Ballon d’Or will be awarded on January 14, 2014.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]