- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry tweets brilliant Christmas meme of himself [Picture]
Franck Ribery: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or”
We can’t claim to know Franck Ribery personally, but there are many who describe the French winger as a loveable rogue who enjoys nothing more than a few jokes and a wind up.
As a result, Ribery’s interview with L’Equipe, published Thursday, should probably be taken with a pinch of salt as the Bayrn Munich playmaker has come out with a pretty good one liner on his prospects of winning the Ballon d’Or.
Ribery said: “My wife has already prepared space on the mantelpiece for the Ballon d’Or. I try not to think about it. But she thinks about it a lot. Everyone at Bayern Munich thinks I will win it.”
He adds that he is most deserving of the Ballon d’Or due to the trophies won with Bayern Munich and he is the most deserving of all players from the Bundesliga champions.
“It’s what I’ve done on the field , what I have done to get back to my best thanks to daily professionalism and the trophies that I have won,” argued the Frenchman.
Ribery also elaborates how he has concentrated on reaching the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in 2013.
Adding that he was “very consistent” over the calendar year. The Ballon d’Or will be awarded on January 14, 2014.
- Updated: November 14, 2013