#ForzaKevin: Roma offer their support to injured Dutch star Kevin Strootman [Official Video]
- March 16, 2014
It’s been a devastating few days for Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman.
A week ago it was announced that Strootman’s season and World Cup hopes were over as the Dutch international tore ligaments in his left knee in the 7th minute of Roma’s defeat to Napoli in Serie A.
Strootman, 24, is now said to have a nine month battle to recover from his injury, and his absence is a big loss for both his club and country.
The former PSV midfielder had been one of the revelations of the season at Roma in 2013/2014 and was a key part of Louis van Gaal’s squad going to Brazil.
Roma’s squad have sought to offer their support for their teammate, and the club have released an official video over the weekend called #ForzaKevin.
The video is a montage of Strootman’s key moments for the Giallorossi this season, together with messages of best wishes for the player’s Italian teammates.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]