Former Monaco boss Arsene Wenger believes James Rodriguez has outgrown the club [beIN Sports]
- July 19, 2014
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has told beIN Sport that he thinks Colombian World Cup star James Rodriguez has outgrown AS Monaco.
Wenger won the title with Monaco during a seven year spell at the club but wouldn’t let his loyalties cloud his perception of the value of Rodriguez.
He said: “Why? Because a player like that is difficult to keep at a club when you have Real Madrid and Barcelona looking around, and without a doubt there will be people who will be watching them play and thinking about buying him.”
Wenger then suggested Monaco would get another season from the playmaker by saying that he didn’t think the move would happen this summer: “Is this the year that he will move? Certainly not because he is with Monaco and they will play Champions League next season and they are a big club in France,” he said. “But certainly in the next season or two he will want to move somewhere else.”
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...