Former Monaco boss Arsene Wenger believes James Rodriguez has outgrown the club [beIN Sports]
- July 19, 2014
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has told beIN Sport that he thinks Colombian World Cup star James Rodriguez has outgrown AS Monaco.
Wenger won the title with Monaco during a seven year spell at the club but wouldn’t let his loyalties cloud his perception of the value of Rodriguez.
He said: “Why? Because a player like that is difficult to keep at a club when you have Real Madrid and Barcelona looking around, and without a doubt there will be people who will be watching them play and thinking about buying him.”
Wenger then suggested Monaco would get another season from the playmaker by saying that he didn’t think the move would happen this summer: “Is this the year that he will move? Certainly not because he is with Monaco and they will play Champions League next season and they are a big club in France,” he said. “But certainly in the next season or two he will want to move somewhere else.”
- Arsenal U19 star Gedion Zelalem produces cheeky piece of skill to beat PSV defender (Vi...
- Arsenal fans troll Chelsea with their brand new Petr Cech song (Videos)
- Augsberg defender Abdul Rahman Baba agrees personal terms With Chelsea [Bild]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright strangely takes to Twitter to beg his old club to sign Real M...
- Aaron Ramsey thinks Theo Walcott is set for a prolific season (Video)
- Arsene Wenger has £42m to splash out on a striker; Karim Benzema tops his list [Cadena ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi