Former Manchester United & Spurs striker Louis Saha questions anti-racism banana campaign [Video]
- May 2, 2014
Dani Alves has been widely praised for his irreverent reaction to the banana that was thrown at him by a Villareal fan last weekend – eating it and making no big deal.
The social media buzz that followed – teammates and compatriots uploading pictures of themselves eating bananas, turns out to have all been pre-orchestrated.
Even though Louis Saha seems to have missed that part, the former Man United (and Spurs) striker still questions the point of such a campaign, in the below interview with Football Focus.
In essence, Saha says that by laughing and making a joke about it, they’re transmitting the message that it’s not important, and that ultimately it will fail to make the right impact.
- Louis Saha discusses Man United’s new signings and how they’ll fit in [Video]
- A Man United fan cleverly recycles an old Saha shirt to make it relevant for this seaso...
- Football Focus: Interview with Louis Saha
- Emmanuel Adebayor (Tottenham) sees a goal chalked off for handball v Manchester United
- Where is the Gunners defence? Louis Saha (Tottenham) v Arsenal
- Louis Saha disallowed goal v Stevenage
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi