Former Man City star Elano scored a Beckham-esque free-kick for Flamengo v Emelec
- February 27, 2014
The Maracana went wild on 11 minutes played of Flamengo’s Copa Libertadores clash with Emelec on Wednesday evening.
Flamengo would go on to win 3-1 but the game got off to a flying start thanks to a wonder free-kick by former Manchester City midfielder Elano.
Elano has spent time at both Santos and Gremio since returning to Brazilian club football, if he keeps scoring David Beckham-esque free-kicks you can be sure he will be a favourite in Rio.
- Angry Flamengo player gives ref incredibly hard handshake after 1-0 defeat to Vasco [GIF]
- Assault: Flamengo’s Jonas kicked Vasco’s Gilberto in the head, ref only giv...
- Former Brazil striker Fred (Fluminense) sent off for diving versus Flamengo [GIF]
- Referee sends off 4 players in 2 seconds during Flamengo 2 – Vasco 1 [GIF & V...
- A water-logged pitch gets a comedy assist as Flamengo’s Alecsandro scores v Vasco...
- The ceiling falls in on Flamengo, literally. Thankfully there were no injuries [Picture]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi