- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Former Chelsea star Adrian Mutu is auditioning to star in Snoop Dogg’s next rap video
Former Chelsea, Juventus, Fiorentina and Romanian star Adrian Mutu is set to try his hand in a new profession as the leading acting role in a major rap video.
Tons of Romanian websites are reporting that 35-year-old Mutu, currently playing for Petrolul Ploiești in his homeland, is set to star in the next video for Snoop Dogg.
The story was broken by the director of the video, Massimo Caroletti, who made the following statements:
So far I’ve used other actors in the videos we’ve made, but I found that Mutu has great potential.
Apart from have many male fans, his beauty also attracts women. I’ve personally championed Adrian’s inclusion, and the whole team sees him as a good candidate.
We will do the casting and auditions, and only then will shoot the video. We will be filming in mid-April at Gyor ETO Stadium with a team of over 20 people.
I’ve known [Adrian Mutu] for two years and we’ve built a friendship that grows stronger every day. I respect him very much because he is sincere and serious person. From my point of view, his future is in showbiz.
Adrian Mutu left Chelsea in October 2004 after he failed a drugs test for cocaine. Mutu also received a seven-month ban and a £20,000 fine from the FA for that misdemeanour.
(Thanks to Emanuel Roşu for contacting us with this story.)
- Updated: March 18, 2014