- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is learning the striker role quickly’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘I can now play Wayne Rooney in midfield or as a striker’ [Video]
- Alessio Cerci agrees to join Milan, paving way for Fernando Torres to return to Atletico Madrid [Sky Italia]
- Awkward! Flamini thought he’d won MOTM until he was told to give it to Alexis Sanchez [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Wenger: ‘Santi Cazorla is a nice guy, he let Alexis Sanchez take the penalty’ [Video]
Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard set to join David Villa at New York City next week [Independent]
David Villa will be happy about this, it must’ve been getting lonely as the only player at nascent MLS franchise New York City.
Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard is set to join the Spaniard at NYC, according to the Independent, with a deal expected to be struck next week.
As NYC will not actually take part in the MLS until March 2015 due to their recent forming, and their sheer lack of a squad for the time being, Lampard may follow David Villa to Melbourne in the A-League in the meantime.
NYC is part-owned by Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, who also has a stake in Melbourne.
Kaka’, Villa, Lamps: the MLS 2014/15 is starting to take shape.
- Updated: July 19, 2014