Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard set to join David Villa at New York City next week [Independent]
David Villa will be happy about this, it must’ve been getting lonely as the only player at nascent MLS franchise New York City.
Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard is set to join the Spaniard at NYC, according to the Independent, with a deal expected to be struck next week.
As NYC will not actually take part in the MLS until March 2015 due to their recent forming, and their sheer lack of a squad for the time being, Lampard may follow David Villa to Melbourne in the A-League in the meantime.
NYC is part-owned by Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, who also has a stake in Melbourne.
Kaka’, Villa, Lamps: the MLS 2014/15 is starting to take shape.
Watch Live Stream
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan rejects new Dortmund contract amidst Arsenal & Chelsea interest [BILD]May 31st, 2016
- Arsenal & Man United target Alvaro Morata admits he has “tempting” offers from P...May 31st, 2016
- Chelsea captain John Terry wishes Jose Mourinho well at Manchester United (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek & Lewis Baker star as England U-21s win Toulon Tournament...May 29th, 2016
- New York Red Bulls crush New York City 7-0 as Frank Lampard is booed by own fans (Videos)May 22nd, 2016
- Frank Lampard is having a hard time settling in at New York City Football Club [The Telegraph]April 29th, 2016
- Frank Lampard pays tribute to his former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri, backs Leicester [Quotes]March 7th, 2016
- Pirlo, Villa and Lampard get asked ridiculous questions ahead of MLS season (Video)March 4th, 2016