Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard set to join David Villa at New York City next week [Independent]
David Villa will be happy about this, it must’ve been getting lonely as the only player at nascent MLS franchise New York City.
Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard is set to join the Spaniard at NYC, according to the Independent, with a deal expected to be struck next week.
As NYC will not actually take part in the MLS until March 2015 due to their recent forming, and their sheer lack of a squad for the time being, Lampard may follow David Villa to Melbourne in the A-League in the meantime.
NYC is part-owned by Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, who also has a stake in Melbourne.
Kaka’, Villa, Lamps: the MLS 2014/15 is starting to take shape.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City & Chelsea stars plus Marcus Rashford & Alexis Sanchez in the BBC XI of the weekAugust 29, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas addresses Chelsea Exit rumours, insists he’s staying and has Conte’s backing [Instagram]August 28, 2016
- N’Golo Kante amused by his new nickname at Chelsea (Video)August 28, 2016
- Chelsea set to sign Fiorentina’s Marcos Alonso [Marca]August 28, 2016
- Frank Lampard talks about returning to Chelsea (Video)August 28, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard makes great joke at his own expense on FacebookAugust 5, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard scores 1st ever New York City hat-trick (Video)July 31, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard keeps his hot streak going for New York City FC (Video)July 30, 2016