Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard set to join David Villa at New York City next week [Independent]
David Villa will be happy about this, it must’ve been getting lonely as the only player at nascent MLS franchise New York City.
Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard is set to join the Spaniard at NYC, according to the Independent, with a deal expected to be struck next week.
As NYC will not actually take part in the MLS until March 2015 due to their recent forming, and their sheer lack of a squad for the time being, Lampard may follow David Villa to Melbourne in the A-League in the meantime.
NYC is part-owned by Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, who also has a stake in Melbourne.
Kaka’, Villa, Lamps: the MLS 2014/15 is starting to take shape.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Liverpool stars battle Kevin De Bruyne & Michail Antonio for a Premier League awardSeptember 27, 2016
- AC Milan prepare a big money for a Chelsea midfielder [CalcioMercatoWeb]September 27, 2016
- Roman Abramovich gives Chelsea’s Antonio Conte the dreaded vote of confidence [Times]September 27, 2016
- How N’Golo Kante’s game has changed at Chelsea since leaving LeicesterSeptember 26, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard scores yet again for New York City FC (Official Video)September 11, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is crushing the MLS, late brace v DC United (Official Video)September 2, 2016
- Frank Lampard talks about returning to Chelsea (Video)August 28, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard makes great joke at his own expense on FacebookAugust 5, 2016