Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard set to join David Villa at New York City next week [Independent]
David Villa will be happy about this, it must’ve been getting lonely as the only player at nascent MLS franchise New York City.
Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard is set to join the Spaniard at NYC, according to the Independent, with a deal expected to be struck next week.
As NYC will not actually take part in the MLS until March 2015 due to their recent forming, and their sheer lack of a squad for the time being, Lampard may follow David Villa to Melbourne in the A-League in the meantime.
NYC is part-owned by Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, who also has a stake in Melbourne.
Kaka’, Villa, Lamps: the MLS 2014/15 is starting to take shape.
Watch Live Stream
- David Luiz films his Chelsea trio in great mood ahead of West Brom (videos)December 10, 2016
- Arsenal fan Moh slams ‘disgusting’ Chelsea over the sex abuse scandal (Video)December 10, 2016
- Chelsea v West Brom: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Two Chelsea legends return to the club during MLS off-seasonDecember 10, 2016
- What’s next for Liverpool & Chelsea legends Steven Gerrard & Frank Lampard? (Sky Video)November 20, 2016
- Chelsea make an offer to Frank Lampard [Times]November 15, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard posts lengthy message on Instagram after leaving New York CityNovember 14, 2016
- Frank Lampard insists Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has ‘still got it’ (Video)November 12, 2016