Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard set to join David Villa at New York City next week [Independent]
David Villa will be happy about this, it must’ve been getting lonely as the only player at nascent MLS franchise New York City.
Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard is set to join the Spaniard at NYC, according to the Independent, with a deal expected to be struck next week.
As NYC will not actually take part in the MLS until March 2015 due to their recent forming, and their sheer lack of a squad for the time being, Lampard may follow David Villa to Melbourne in the A-League in the meantime.
NYC is part-owned by Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, who also has a stake in Melbourne.
Kaka’, Villa, Lamps: the MLS 2014/15 is starting to take shape.
Watch Live Stream
- Best Tweets as Chelsea lead Man United 2-0 at Half-Time to spoil Jose Mourinho’s ReturnOctober 23, 2016
- No beef: Man United boss Jose Mourinho & Chelsea’s John Terry embrace at the BridgeOctober 23, 2016
- Thibaut Courtois refuses to take the bait on Sky’s Jose Mourinho ‘revenge’ narrative (Video)October 23, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea for Man City [Sun]October 23, 2016
- Chelsea fans rage at Alan Shearer’s analysis of Spurs starlet Dele Alli on MOTD [Tweets]October 16, 2016
- New York City’s Frank Lampard admits he’d like to manage Chelsea one day (Video)October 11, 2016
- Frank Lampard reveals hilarious prank on legendary Chelsea physio Billy McCulloch (video)October 6, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard scores yet again for New York City FC (Official Video)September 11, 2016