Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard set to join David Villa at New York City next week [Independent]
David Villa will be happy about this, it must’ve been getting lonely as the only player at nascent MLS franchise New York City.
Former Chelsea man Frank Lampard is set to join the Spaniard at NYC, according to the Independent, with a deal expected to be struck next week.
As NYC will not actually take part in the MLS until March 2015 due to their recent forming, and their sheer lack of a squad for the time being, Lampard may follow David Villa to Melbourne in the A-League in the meantime.
NYC is part-owned by Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, who also has a stake in Melbourne.
Kaka’, Villa, Lamps: the MLS 2014/15 is starting to take shape.
- An explanation of how a draw for Chelsea v Porto will qualify the Blues in the Champions League
- Jose Mourinho talks about the return of Chelsea’s morale after the win in Tel Aviv (Video)
- Jose Mourinho and Diego Costa had a screaming match at half-time of their game against Maccabi Te...
- Jose Mourinho turned into a groundsman during Chelsea’s match at Maccabi Tel Aviv (Video)
- Frank Lampard has no clue how Chelsea turn things around, Jamie Redknapp slams the Special One (V...
- Frank Lampard called Chelsea ‘broken’ v Liverpool, questions the Chelsea rat story (V...
- Jamie Carragher and Frank Lampard assess Arsenal’s title chances on Monday Night Football (...
- Frank Lampard appears on Monday Night Football to talk about Chelsea’s crisis (Video)