- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Former Chelsea defender Yuri Zhirkov pulled a sombrero over CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev to score [Video]
Dynamo Moscow beat rivals CSKA 4-2 in the derby on Sunday in Russia, and the final goal of the game was a calamity from the visitors perspective.
High pressing from Dynamo forced a CSKA defender to pass the ball back to goalie Igor Akinfeev in the visitors box.
Akinfeev, whose stock used to be quite high before a downturn in form in recent years, had plenty of time to clear his lines and clear the danger, but instead the keeper thought a better course of action was to beat the onrushing Yuri Zhirkov with a pass.
That was a bad choice.
Zhirkov, who spent three years with Chelsea from 2009-11, blocked Akinfeev’s attempted pass, and the the former Chelsea left back pulled a sombrero over the head of CSKA Moscow keeper. From there Zhirkov simply stuck the ball in the net.
Watch former Chelsea defender Yuri Zhirkov embarrass CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev above.
- Updated: March 9, 2014