- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Former Chelsea defender Yuri Zhirkov pulled a sombrero over CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev to score [Video]
Dynamo Moscow beat rivals CSKA 4-2 in the derby on Sunday in Russia, and the final goal of the game was a calamity from the visitors perspective.
High pressing from Dynamo forced a CSKA defender to pass the ball back to goalie Igor Akinfeev in the visitors box.
Akinfeev, whose stock used to be quite high before a downturn in form in recent years, had plenty of time to clear his lines and clear the danger, but instead the keeper thought a better course of action was to beat the onrushing Yuri Zhirkov with a pass.
That was a bad choice.
Zhirkov, who spent three years with Chelsea from 2009-11, blocked Akinfeev’s attempted pass, and the the former Chelsea left back pulled a sombrero over the head of CSKA Moscow keeper. From there Zhirkov simply stuck the ball in the net.
Watch former Chelsea defender Yuri Zhirkov embarrass CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev above.
- Updated: March 9, 2014