Former Chelsea defender Yuri Zhirkov pulled a sombrero over CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev to score [Video]
- March 9, 2014
Dynamo Moscow beat rivals CSKA 4-2 in the derby on Sunday in Russia, and the final goal of the game was a calamity from the visitors perspective.
High pressing from Dynamo forced a CSKA defender to pass the ball back to goalie Igor Akinfeev in the visitors box.
Akinfeev, whose stock used to be quite high before a downturn in form in recent years, had plenty of time to clear his lines and clear the danger, but instead the keeper thought a better course of action was to beat the onrushing Yuri Zhirkov with a pass.
That was a bad choice.
Zhirkov, who spent three years with Chelsea from 2009-11, blocked Akinfeev’s attempted pass, and the the former Chelsea left back pulled a sombrero over the head of CSKA Moscow keeper. From there Zhirkov simply stuck the ball in the net.
Watch former Chelsea defender Yuri Zhirkov embarrass CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev above.
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- Chelsea will bid £8m for Asmir Begovic, as Stoke struggle to sign Xherdan Shaqiri [Tele...
- Newcastle fight the Black Cats to sign Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on loan [Voetba...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi