Former Chelsea defender Yuri Zhirkov pulled a sombrero over CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev to score [Video]
Dynamo Moscow beat rivals CSKA 4-2 in the derby on Sunday in Russia, and the final goal of the game was a calamity from the visitors perspective.
High pressing from Dynamo forced a CSKA defender to pass the ball back to goalie Igor Akinfeev in the visitors box.
Akinfeev, whose stock used to be quite high before a downturn in form in recent years, had plenty of time to clear his lines and clear the danger, but instead the keeper thought a better course of action was to beat the onrushing Yuri Zhirkov with a pass.
That was a bad choice.
Zhirkov, who spent three years with Chelsea from 2009-11, blocked Akinfeev’s attempted pass, and the the former Chelsea left back pulled a sombrero over the head of CSKA Moscow keeper. From there Zhirkov simply stuck the ball in the net.
Watch former Chelsea defender Yuri Zhirkov embarrass CSKA Moscow keeper Igor Akinfeev above.
Watch Live Stream
- Despite Cesc Fabregas claims, Chelsea are still trying to sell the Spaniard [Gazzetta]August 29, 2016
- Chelsea fans take to social media to slam Man City’s Sergio AgueroAugust 29, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea told what they have to pay to sign Fabinho [L’Equipe]August 29, 2016
- Man City & Chelsea stars plus Marcus Rashford & Alexis Sanchez in the BBC XI of the weekAugust 29, 2016
- Arsenal close to agreeing deal to sign Dynamo Moscow striker Aleksandr Kokorin [Izvestia]December 12, 2015
- Arsenal will try to sign Russian forward Aleksandr Kokorin in January [Sun]October 18, 2015
- Aleksandr Kokorin’s agent & Dynamo Moscow reveal details of an Arsenal bid [Sovsport]October 12, 2015
- Arsenal fans mock claims Aleksandr Kokorin is on the brink of signing from Dynamo Moscow [Tweets]August 26, 2015