- ‘United In Grief’: Best ever Half-and-Half shirt spotted at Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1. Respect Sir!
- Liverpool fan Chris deliberately winds up Gooners by calling Alexis Sanchez a waste of money [Video]
- Super-positive Gooner Ty taking lots of positives from Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- ‘It’s ruined my Bloody Christmas!’ Claude has a mini meltdown after Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- Huge Police presence needed to keep Newcastle and Sunderland fans apart before derby [Video]
Former Boxing champion Evander Holyfield (Mike Tyson’s bite victim) hopes for forgiveness with Luis Suarez [Video]
Former Heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield, who was the victim of a bite on the ear from Mike Tyson in 1996, has weighed in on the Luis Suarez bite situation.
Holyfield lost a chunk of flesh from his ear when Iron Mike Tyson gnawed into him during their ’96 Heavyweight clash, so he knows a thing or two about the subject.
Holyfield tweeted about the incident when it happened, and was invited onto CNN to talk about it.
Holyfield said biting is just another form of violent reaction – albeit an unorthodox one – when things don’t go a competitor’s weigh; they lose control and lash out.
The boxer, though, pleaded almost evangelically for forgiveness with Suarez, saying, ‘Forgiveness keeps you from doing it back to someone’.
Asked about a lifetime ban for Suarez, Holyfield said that would be way over the top.
- Updated: June 25, 2014