Former Boxing champion Evander Holyfield (Mike Tyson’s bite victim) hopes for forgiveness with Luis Suarez [Video]
Former Heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield, who was the victim of a bite on the ear from Mike Tyson in 1996, has weighed in on the Luis Suarez bite situation.
Holyfield lost a chunk of flesh from his ear when Iron Mike Tyson gnawed into him during their ’96 Heavyweight clash, so he knows a thing or two about the subject.
Holyfield tweeted about the incident when it happened, and was invited onto CNN to talk about it.
Holyfield said biting is just another form of violent reaction – albeit an unorthodox one – when things don’t go a competitor’s weigh; they lose control and lash out.
The boxer, though, pleaded almost evangelically for forgiveness with Suarez, saying, ‘Forgiveness keeps you from doing it back to someone’.
Asked about a lifetime ban for Suarez, Holyfield said that would be way over the top.
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)
- Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli compares Uruguay loss despite 73% possession with trying to bed a woman
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scolds Uruguay for being ‘bad winners’ v Chile [Instag...
- Uruguay 3 – Chile 0: Celeste get their Copa America revenge (Highlights)
- Uruguay v Chile: Online Live Streaming video [HD]