- Man United target Memphis Depay uploads video singing with the fans at PSV’s title parade
- Mauricio Pochettino hails fantastic Harry Kane after netting in 3-1 Spurs win v Newcastle [Video]
- Nicolas Isimat-Mirin shows off his MCing skills with crowd-pleasing at PSV’s champions parade [Video]
- Sogndal’s Kristian Fardal Opseth emulates Charlie Adam with 57-yard golazo [Vine]
- Aston Villa players celebrate FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool in Wembley dressing room [Video]
Former Boxing champion Evander Holyfield (Mike Tyson’s bite victim) hopes for forgiveness with Luis Suarez [Video]
- June 25, 2014
Former Heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield, who was the victim of a bite on the ear from Mike Tyson in 1996, has weighed in on the Luis Suarez bite situation.
Holyfield lost a chunk of flesh from his ear when Iron Mike Tyson gnawed into him during their ’96 Heavyweight clash, so he knows a thing or two about the subject.
Holyfield tweeted about the incident when it happened, and was invited onto CNN to talk about it.
Holyfield said biting is just another form of violent reaction – albeit an unorthodox one – when things don’t go a competitor’s weigh; they lose control and lash out.
The boxer, though, pleaded almost evangelically for forgiveness with Suarez, saying, ‘Forgiveness keeps you from doing it back to someone’.
Asked about a lifetime ban for Suarez, Holyfield said that would be way over the top.