Former Boxing champion Evander Holyfield (Mike Tyson’s bite victim) hopes for forgiveness with Luis Suarez [Video]
- June 25, 2014
Former Heavyweight boxer Evander Holyfield, who was the victim of a bite on the ear from Mike Tyson in 1996, has weighed in on the Luis Suarez bite situation.
Holyfield lost a chunk of flesh from his ear when Iron Mike Tyson gnawed into him during their ’96 Heavyweight clash, so he knows a thing or two about the subject.
Holyfield tweeted about the incident when it happened, and was invited onto CNN to talk about it.
Holyfield said biting is just another form of violent reaction – albeit an unorthodox one – when things don’t go a competitor’s weigh; they lose control and lash out.
The boxer, though, pleaded almost evangelically for forgiveness with Suarez, saying, ‘Forgiveness keeps you from doing it back to someone’.
Asked about a lifetime ban for Suarez, Holyfield said that would be way over the top.
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Emre Can produced sublime skill & a wonderful dribble during Liverpool’s win...
- Joao Carlos Teixeira’s impressive individual highlights for Liverpool v Swindon (...
- Watch Christian Benteke’s goalscoring debut for Liverpool v Swindon (Video)
- Watch Roberto Firmino’s highlights on his Liverpool debut v Swindon (Video)
- Liverpool offer €17m for Real Madrid attacker Denis Cheryshev [AS]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi